• Personal items can be advertised for free. Click here to advertise business/trade items or services.
    • Please fill in an approximate Location in your profile so buyers know where the item is located.
    • You need 30 posts and registered for 30 days before you can create ads in classifieds.
    • Non Trade Members specify a price. No auction style adverts, adverts 'for a friend' or unhelpful heckling posts please.
    • See how to change the advert prefix to Sold:.
    • Click here to read the full Rules.

For Sale: Hunting Books, Africa and India

This week some works from the legendary Jim Corbett and a couple on Africa:

• My India by Jim Corbett 3rd impression 1954. Book condition VG/G, some creasing to d/w and some loss top and bottom of spine but intact and pretty much complete. £20 posted.

Man Eaters of Kumaon, Jim Corbett ,the seminal work, 1955 reprint this is the edition illustrated by Raymond Sheppard with the iconic dust wrapper also by him. Book condition VG/G+ d/w has some creasing with minor loss to top and bottom of spine, spine faded and price –clipped. £20 posted.

• Man Eaters of Kumaon, Jim Corbett 2nd impression 1950 VG/G some minor loss to spine top and bottom of d/w , a few nicks and tears but mostly complete in a protective sleeve £15 posted.

• Jungle Lore, Jim Corbett 1st edn. 1953 NY VG/VG sticker on spine but not ex-lib, some loss to d/w at top of rear also some creasing. £25 posted.

• The Man-Eating Leopard of Rudraprayag, Jim Corbett, probably his best and most exciting book1951 3rd impression VG/G, d/w is chipped and with small tears with some loss, spine faded and small scuff on the back.£22 posted SOLD

• Death in the Silent Places. Peter Hathaway Capstick 1981 1st edn (12) VG/VG SOLD

• Death in the Long Grass, Peter Hathaway Capstick 1978 1st edn. Capstick’s first book and a great read. F/ VG, price clipped SOLD

• African Buffalo Trails John Burger, 1st edition 1953 VG/VG- chipping, loss and creasing to spine and extremities, spine faded. A real classic this one. Cheapest copy with a d/w in the UK is £115- £65 posted.

• I have other copies of all Corbett’s works to suit all pockets if you miss out; similarly with Capstick.
20200620_104318.jpg

If you want any of the titles please just say in the body of the thread please don’t PM me.

Last edited:

Tim.243

This week some works from the legendary Jim Corbett and a couple on Africa:

• My India by Jim Corbett 3rd impression 1954. Book condition VG/G, some creasing to d/w and some loss top and bottom of spine but intact and pretty much complete. £20 posted.

Man Eaters of Kumaon, Jim Corbett ,the seminal work, 1955 reprint this is the edition illustrated by Raymond Sheppard with the iconic dust wrapper also by him. Book condition VG/G+ d/w has some creasing with minor loss to top and bottom of spine, spine faded and price –clipped. £25 posted.

• Man Eaters of Kumaon, Jim Corbett 2nd impression 1950 VG/G some minor loss to spine top and bottom of d/w , a few nicks and tears but mostly complete in a protective sleeve £20 posted.

• Jungle Lore, Jim Corbett 1st edn. 1953 NY VG/VG sticker on spine but not ex-lib, some loss to d/w at top of rear also some creasing. £30 posted.

• The Man-Eating Leopard of Rudraprayag, Jim Corbett, 1951 3rd impression VG/G, d/w is chipped and with small tears with some loss, spine faded and small scuff on the back.£22 posted

• Death in the Silent Places. Peter Hathaway Capstick 1981 1st edn (12) VG/VG £14 posted.

• Death in the Long Grass, Peter Hathaway Capstick 1978 1st edn. Capstick’s first book and a great read. F/ VG, price clipped £15 posted.

• African Buffalo Trails John Burger, 1st edition 1953 VG/VG- chipping, loss and creasing to spine and extremities, spine faded. A real classic this one. Cheapest copy with a d/w in the UK is £115- £75 posted.

• I have other copies of all Corbett’s works to suit all pockets if you miss out; similarly with Capstick.
View attachment 164748

If you want any of the titles please just say in the body of the thread please don’t PM me.
Nice stock on offer... :tiphat:

Stalker1962

Can I take both the Capstick books please?
Have read all of Capstick's books - you will enjoy them.
The man could write but there was always a suggestion that he never left camp nor strayed far from his typewriter but gleaned his stories from those who returned from the day's hunt.
Well, if it's true it was a great formula.

ColinJ

Have read all of Capstick's books - you will enjoy them.
The man could write but there was always a suggestion that he never left camp nor strayed far from his typewriter but gleaned his stories from those who returned from the day's hunt.
Well, if it's true it was a great formula.
I knew some police officers like that!