Wanted: Husqvarna 346xp or 357xp

Gd87

Hi, im after a decent Husqvarna 346xp or 357xp chainsaw if anybody has got one.
Cash waiting at the right price

Tom D

I bought 2 of each the other day, the new generation saws are crap, the 3 series saws are much better. But they hold their money as a consequence. I paid up to £250 each for them I think.

SimpleSimon

I bought 2 of each the other day, the new generation saws are crap, the 3 series saws are much better. But they hold their money as a consequence. I paid up to £250 each for them I think.

Why do you say that?
I've been looking at maybe getting a 550xp for next year if I can get enough work to make it pay for itself. I know they were problematic when they first came out but I thought they were regarded pretty well now?

Tom D

Why do you say that?
I've been looking at maybe getting a 550xp for next year if I can get enough work to make it pay for itself. I know they were problematic when they first came out but I thought they were regarded pretty well now?

Just from experience, we run about 15-20 saws, we’ve tried the550 and 560 (more than one of each) and both have been unreliable, one of the 560s is now dead, beyond economic repair after just 2 years of professional use. The older generation of saws were just built stronger. It’s that simple. Find a nice 346xp and use that or do what I do and send it to Steve Gumm to be exhaust ported, then you get the best of both worlds, reliability and performance...

Cawdor118

I have had no problems with mines and neither have my 2 mates. All bought from 2017 onwards.

Why do you say that?