HWV Pointing

griffshrek

I know it's not deer tracking related ( both dogs will track) but took a quick picture of my two HWV pointing on a snipe this morning whilst out for a walk .

It's always a pleasure never a chore being out with the dogs , watching them both scent the snipe over 40yds away then work the wind onto it hold the point until told to flush was an absolute pleasure.

Not the best picture but best I could get on the phone .

20191007_100224.jpg

McKenzie

Lovely. Out of interest do you think they both had the scent or was one backing the other?

griffshrek

McKenzie
On this both scented the snipe some distance out and worked in then went to point . I wish I took video as both did the very slow tentative stalk in as they got close.

Both dogs will " honour " the other dogs point as well. I find this fantastic as they have that much confidence the other dog that they honour it's point.

geoshot

A fine pair of animals there fella, I'm thoroughly jealous, health to enjoy their company and good shooting

Fosbery Holster

Great picture, doesn’t matter if it’s from your phone or not it’s still a great picture !!
The HWV is definitely my favourite breed, they fit into my way of working and shooting.
It might not be to everyone’s taste but for me a docked HWV is simply how it should be, as a matter of interest to me would you tell me what bloodlines they come from?
From your picture they both look cracking handsome specimens.

VanGogh76

Fantastic shot. Slowly getting my nut case into doing this along with deer tracking 20190921_115757.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

griffshrek

Great picture, doesn’t matter if it’s from your phone or not it’s still a great picture !!
The HWV is definitely my favourite breed, they fit into my way of working and shooting.
It might not be to everyone’s taste but for me a docked HWV is simply how it should be, as a matter of interest to me would you tell me what bloodlines they come from?
From your picture they both look cracking handsome specimens.
I update later with the dogs blood lines , same as yourself the HWV breed absolutely fitted into what we needed as a dog for my hunting and family .

Definitely the best dog for my requirements