Hydro dipping

pablo.222

Has any one had this done to a stock?

considering getting my M595 stock done just too tidy it up coz cnt justify the large cost of a replacement stock.

I have been emailing a company called hydro-graffix anyone heard of them?

Was going too go for carbon fibre pattern but not totally commited. Going wait see prices etc first before diving in.

any info would be great.

Cheers

Hi Pablo.
My 30-06 has a H-S Precision Stock that I had dipped in satin carbon fibre.

The company near York did it. £150 but that was a few years ago.

It has stood up to some harsh use without too many problems. It is quite brittle so I have chipped it a bit where the bipod fits and it has a few scratches but I suppose any finish will suffer at the hands of a ham fisted Yorkshire man :D.

I preferred the satin finish to the gloss.

Yorkie.

If it's the one in Maidstone I was going to get them to do a scope for me. They were not happy with the quality of the transfer that I wanted so offered to paint the scope instead which has proved to be long lasting. The work on the website looks very good and I would consider using them again but I would like to have a look at the set up. Apparently it's a security risk to visit!
TBH I have had quite good results with paint but if you want a good job paint wise Jäger, or valkyrie seem to have good reputations.

I had a black synthetic Tikka T3 synthetic stock dipped by a company called Aqua Graphix in Gwent, this was done in April 2014 and to a high standard, I chose an autumn Camo pattern and I was very pleased with the result. The rifle stock had four coats of laquer to seal it, I chose a satin laquer finish for mine. I paid £85 for it to be done. If you do a search on my threads you will see that I have previosly posted a thread about the whole process

I have included a couple of photos of my rifle.

Last edited:
Ive had a stock action and scope done, it looked great but it drowned my scope, so I'll not recommend the guys that did that. The coating is still solid and looking good, much better than the tired old wooden stock that's underneath.
I would recommend these guys, not used them myself but an OCD gunsmith I know has used them and rates them, it's one of his in blue in the gallery.

HUNTING - hydrographics scotland

Ive had a stock action and scope done, it looked great but it drowned my scope, so I'll not recommend the guys that did that. The coating is still solid and looking good, much better than the tired old wooden stock that's underneath.
I would recommend these guys, not used them myself but an OCD gunsmith I know has used them and rates them, it's one of his in blue in the gallery.

Could you tell me a price?

The carbon fibre finish on the stock, barrel and buddy bottle in the above add are actually mine , done over a year ago and no problems . :)

The carbon fibre finish on the stock, barrel and buddy bottle in the above add are actually mine , done over a year ago and no problems . :)

Just looking too tidy up the stock on mine. Have emailed them asking for prices and if it would be okay to send to the via post.
Cant seem find anyone closer to aberdeenshire.

Ive had a couple of stocks done by the team at Bad Boy - yes one of my stocks is in their gallery pics.

They are very very good at what they do and id certainly recommend them for service, attention to detail and customer care - price list is on their website and it was around 100 for the stock including postage.

I'll use them again and would choose them over "better known" coating companies who let me down when I need a couple of jobs turned round pdq…..

Yes, though any dings and deep scratches will need to be sorted prior to dipping or it will show up under the finish.

Yes, though any dings and deep scratches will need to be sorted prior to dipping or it will show up under the finish.

When you say deep scratches wat are we talking about?
Say rubbing them down a little too remove rough edges? Would this be something i would need too do or would they do it?

Have Hydro dipped many things from bike parts to complete rifles inc scope, action, (except bolt) mod, have had it done and done it, its very tricky requires excellent preparation of the item to be dipped, patience and good kit. Some of the films on the market are s**t, some who say they can do it cant, It is relatively new here and been around for donkeys in the states. I would suggest USA for film, Hydrodip.com & TWN water transfer printing are excellent, range of film and quality is superb, some very weird stuff is available.

Have Hydro dipped many things from bike parts to complete rifles inc scope, action, (except bolt) mod, have had it done and done it, its very tricky requires excellent preparation of the item to be dipped, patience and good kit. Some of the films on the market are s**t, some who say they can do it cant, It is relatively new here and been around for donkeys in the states. I would suggest USA for film, Hydrodip.com & TWN water transfer printing are excellent, range of film and quality is superb, some very weird stuff is available.

Well have u any suggestions of a company in uk that you would recommend too do the dipping?

When you say deep scratches wat are we talking about?
Say rubbing them down a little too remove rough edges? Would this be something i would need too do or would they do it?

I am lucky as the company that did my stock was literally 5 minutes away from me, my stock was as new so didn't need any preparation other than removing the trigger guard and buttpad before it was masked and sprayed with a base coat before dipping, the owner said that they would normally repair any defects if required before dipping. The company I chose dip all manner of things especially car parts. I would have a good talk to your prospective company as to the cost of preparation etc.

Back