I despair sometimes, I really do.

kes

Agree with you both a totally unsuitable firearms owner - interesting his doctor didnt pick up on the alcohol problem - I wonder if they will try and require us to take an alcohol addiction test - just to be sure they havent dropped another bollock.
They should prosecute his referees !

Apthorpe

What a tool!
It's obvious he was an unsuitable firearms owner. You only need look at his beard.
I'd be hesitant of everyone jumping on this bandwagon of presuming that depression or alcoholism make someone unfit to hold a licence. Millions of people with those conditions have held firearms at no risk to anybody.
It's even entirely possible for someone absolutely plastered to be safe in charge of a gun. They are NOT like cars or planes, where being over the limit necessarily makes you a danger.

Essexsussex

It is quite possible that one of his mates did it and he has had to concoct a story to ensure he isn't in even more hot water.

kes

Whatever.
Handling guns whilst unfit to do so, at that moment, is stupid and, in my book, irredeemable. If you hand a gun to a drunken mate, doubly so.

Rasputin

I bet this happens more than we know. I never ever get the toys out when I have had a few beers even if I have friends round asking to look at them. However a friend of mine in Switzerland managed to empty his .22 pistol into a wall in his house inches from his brothers head. He's not had a drink since it shook him up that badly lol.

Richiepolecat

Things happen, seen an army safety officer discharge inches from someone putting snap caps into a gun at night however it was a live round instead, this was sober.

'They should prosecute his referees !' - sure way to never get anyone to put their names down for any gun owner.....
How would anyone pick up someone alcohol problem? Many thousands of people are dependant on drink yet don't do anything different to anyone else and hold down jobs relationships etc.

He made a stupid mistake he will be paying for it now.

sauer

Agree with you both a totally unsuitable firearms owner - interesting his doctor didnt pick up on the alcohol problem - I wonder if they will try and require us to take an alcohol addiction test - just to be sure they havent dropped another bollock.
They should prosecute his referees !

Jesus H Christ !!! Hellloooooooo!🤔

I agree a totally unsuitable owner BUT everything else is Bollo5ks

“Interesting his doctor didn’t pick up on the alcohol problem”

How the hell would he unless he went to the doctor for it in first place ?🤔

Christ you see it on here! Those replies that are from the keyboard warriors and it’s pretty obvious it’s done at night after a few drams in front of the Laptop / iPad etc.

“ they should prosecute his referees”

Do you truly know what someone is like ? .......what they may truly be like behind closed doors ?

How many times have you found out something about someone and though well bu55er me I didn’t think he / she would do that or be like that ?

Referees are not wholly responsible for a persons actions and shouldn’t be......you can only say you know someone “ appears” to be of good sound mind etc etc ......

Seriously think about what your typing and how u realistic it may sound?

Yes I agree as said previously he is unsuitable but how can you account for Darwinism like that when they maybe appear perfectly fine otherwise without alcohol etc .......some alcoholics hide it pretty well .

Paul

kes

Jesus H Christ !!! Hellloooooooo!🤔

I agree a totally unsuitable owner BUT everything else is Bollo5ks

“Interesting his doctor didn’t pick up on the alcohol problem”

How the hell would he unless he went to the doctor for it in first place ?🤔

Christ you see it on here! Those replies that are from the keyboard warriors and it’s pretty obvious it’s done at night after a few drams in front of the Laptop / iPad etc.

“ they should prosecute his referees”

Do you truly know what someone is like ? .......what they may truly be like behind closed doors ?

How many times have you found out something about someone and though well bu55er me I didn’t think he / she would do that or be like that ?

Referees are not wholly responsible for a persons actions and shouldn’t be......you can only say you know someone “ appears” to be of good sound mind etc etc ......

Seriously think about what your typing and how u realistic it may sound?

Yes I agree as said previously he is unsuitable but how can you account for Darwinism like that when they maybe appear perfectly fine otherwise without alcohol etc .......some alcoholics hide it pretty well .

Paul

Thanks for the diatribe - why wouldnt his doctor know of an alcohol problem ? Referees are usually friends/responsible people why wouldnt they know? It isnt me thats spouting ********. Think again.

sauer

Thanks for the diatribe - why wouldnt his doctor know of an alcohol problem ? Referees are usually friends/responsible people why wouldnt they know? It isnt me thats spouting ********. Think again.

Most folk myself included haven’t been near their doctor & alcoholics I have known were secretive about it till it got worse..... this guy maybe doesn’t know his doctor from Adam....

Yes lot of referees are friends but again... what goes on behind closed doors a lot of the time you’ll never know... &
Other times the “friend” thinking he’s a friend won’t report it as doesn’t want his mucker in trouble.....

Besides a referee is not ultimately responsible for a persons actions.... the person is

People screw up or do stupid things

Stick to basc bashing your better at it

Paul

kes

Most folk myself included haven’t been near their doctor & alcoholics I have known were secretive about it till it got worse..... this guy maybe doesn’t know his doctor from Adam....

Yes lot of referees are friends but again... what goes on behind closed doors a lot of the time you’ll never know... &
Other times the “friend” thinking he’s a friend won’t report it as doesn’t want his mucker in trouble.....

Besides a referee is not ultimately responsible for a persons actions.... the person is

People screw up or do stupid things

Stick to basc bashing your better at it

Paul

Is your opinion a valid opinion ? Then so is mine - it wasn't me that made silly and somewhat arrogant criticism/accusations.
As for BASC - no need for further comment as their 'successes' speak for themselves - by the way that would be 'you are' or 'you're' for the next time.
Can we agree to differ as this pointless exchange of crit must bore everyone else to death ?
Thank you.

FISH BOY

Come on guys, I think we can all agree that by getting his guns out and showing off, then having live cartridges in his bedroom(WTF) regardless of if he was drunk or not, the guy is a prize plum who doesnt deserve a liscence and got off lightly by only blowing a hole in his ceiling.

Could have been so so much worse.

slider

Thanks for the diatribe - why wouldnt his doctor know of an alcohol problem ? .

Simply because some people with problems, such as alcoholism, drug abuse or depression are pretty clever at hiding it and won't go near their GP.

This is the most basic flaw in the Police Scotland policy (and I believe a growing number of English Police Forces) of demanding a GP's letter to confirm an applicant has no problems hat may impact on their responsibilities as firearms owners - it drive people to hide problems and not seek help, thereby risking that a problem will get worse.

NiemiPT

As in many good things, stupidy of few overcomes fun of all :| Quite often it’s alcohol related. Should we have a license for that instead of guns :D

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
Not too far from where I live...........................one has to ask how was he able to get a licence if he was addicted to drink and had depression. It appears to me that his character was not looked into enough and his background?

Complete idiot which gives some weight to having medical checks I guess, either way its good news he didn't accidently shoot someone.

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
Gentlemen, having read through this thread properly I can already see that we have unpleasantness arising again between two members :rolleyes: WHY is beyond me at times.

There is no way they would prosecute his referees and besides it will possibly be his FEO who will be called in and be questioned by the firearms manager as to what has gone wrong. This is just another brick in the wall for legal firearms owners, the vast majority of which are sensible and safe. The culprit only had a licence for one year and its been noted that people are very good at hiding their medical problems. Even so I can see to some extent why the home office have asked for medical checks on firearms owners.

Everyone has an opinion, and I am getting rather tired of people questioning peoples professionalism, character call it what you will in some of these posts. If you cant be civil DONT comment. I have no problem with strong debate on here, but when it starts to drop below a certain level we will not entertain it.