Wanted: I need to find some "British" Christmas decoration...

saddler

Done a trade with someone in the USA for some military surplus gear.
The only thing they are interested in is "British" themed Xmas decorations.

Looked online & I have seen some glass/ceramic tree baubles in the shape of red London buses, red phone boxes, Tower of London, Beefeaters, etc.

Drawing a blank otherwise, so, anyone seen anything on their travels or have some old stuff sitting in a drawer needing a new home??

saddler

I think you may find they've been made in China for decades.
I'd not be surprised....
Chances are that the majority of such items with a British theme would likely have been shipped here for retail rather than the US

I may check to see if there's anything under the Rington's Tea portfolio as they make all sorts of stuff.

Number8

It's an interesting request though, what are "British-themed" Xmas decorations? My childhood memories revolve around glitzy glass baubles and garish telescopic tinsel ceiling decorations.

saddler

It's an interesting request though, what are "British-themed" Xmas decorations? My childhood memories revolve around glitzy glass baubles and garish telescopic tinsel ceiling decorations.
Maybe the sort of stuff I mentioned? Traditional items, but with a British theme.....glitzy baubles with the Union flag or local town crests?
It's a difficult one as it's a new one to me too!!

M&S tins of shortbread may be sort of on topic...or ??? - he made no particular request for items only for the tree/living room area....so.....

Number8

Tried googling "british themed xmas decorations" and then clicked the "images" tab: all sorts of London themed stuff; taxis, underground signs, guardsmen. Would that do?

bfltd0

Living in London, I walk past a load of tourist shops most days.

They are absolutely full of that kind of tat.

If you are interested, PM me your number and I will Whatsapp you some pics.