I`ve got the new set up.

basil

Distinguished Member
I am now the proud owner of this set up.
A Steyr, pro hunter, MK2 in 243 and a Swarovski 2 1/2-15x56.
We had a zeroing session today out to 100 yards but the wind was a bit fierce to go to much further with any reliable results.

basil.

sandersj89

I have the same rifle and like it a lot, with home loads it is bang on. Took a 300 yard fox not so long ago.

Nice scope too, I have a S&B sat on mine though.

Brough

Awesome scope Basil in fact nice set up .Will try and get some piccies of my new outfit up.

basil

Distinguished Member
stone said:
what a wicked scope
bet the misses was pleased you spent you redundancy on it
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
bet you ain't told her yet hav you :evil: :evil:
Hello Stone, i thought you had left us as well!!
I had origionally looked at the Swaro 8x56 with the view that i was looking for a life time scope. When i seen this baby i had to stand back and think about justifying the cost. Thing is, if i didn`t do it now then i never will..
I don`t use pubs, i gave up smoking 18 months ago so that will pay for it in time. Best thing is Mrs basil ok`d it all.
basil.

arrowloopboy

basil said:
stone said:
what a wicked scope
I had origionally looked at the Swaro 8x56 with the view that i was looking for a life time scope. When i seen this baby i had to stand back and think about justifying the cost. Thing is, if i didn`t do it now then i never will..
I don`t use pubs, i gave up smoking 18 months ago so that will pay for it in time. Best thing is Mrs basil ok`d it all.
basil.
Dose that scope got an illumiated reticle,and how dose the balistic turett work and do you find it an advantage ?

basil

Distinguished Member
arrowloopboy said:
basil said:
stone said:
what a wicked scope
basil.
Dose that scope got an illumiated reticle,and how dose the balistic turett work and do you find it an advantage ?
The scope has the illuminated reticule for day, evening and night time. You can also adjust the brightness of the reticule.
The ballistic turret works in a way that i can zero the scope for 100 yards and out to varying yardages without allowing for bullet drop within acceptable distances.
An advantage? I reckon it will be. I`m not looking to shoot deer/foxes at silly distances, it will bring cleaner kills at say, a two hundred yard shot.
If you haven`t looked down this scope, believe me, what you see is unrealistic to say the least.
basil.

widows son

Very nice Basil ,I have the same scope the bollocks ,once you've got it set up ,you can get all the stuff off the web site its fantastic a tool .

The only thing wrong with your set up is the plastic stock just looks crap nothing like a good piece of wood, looks like a real rifle then .

Apologies where necessary .

basil

Distinguished Member
widows son said:
Very nice Basil ,I have the same scope the bollocks ,once you've got it set up ,you can get all the stuff off the web site its fantastic a tool .

The only thing wrong with your set up is the plastic stock just looks crap nothing like a good piece of wood, looks like a real rifle then .

Apologies where necessary .
F^^k me. Talk about kicking a bloke when he`s on a high!! :lol:
I know where you are coming from. I had considered the stock on choosing my rifle.
I chose the sythetic because our territory down here is brambles, blackthorns. If you`re on hands and knees or belly, it`s stoney.
To be honest i don`t fancy dragging a couple of grands worth of highly polished varnish and that scope across a landscape of sandpaper.
Does anyone else think that this.........

looks crap??
basil.

willie_gunn

Basil

Most definitely not!! That's a cracking set-up and something most stalkers would covet.

Personally I'd never go for a wooden stock again - I originally had one on my Sako and swapped it over for a McMillan. My rifle is a tool of the job and I don't want to be worrying about scratching it when I'm out stalking.

You're a lucky, lucky man with a rifle and scope like that. Enjoy it!!

willie_gunn

buck52

Basil, I've been looking at one of those Swaros with the Ballistic Turrets, I didnt think anyone would be able to afford one at £1500 ish.

Could you let us know how accurate the turrets are when you get used to it.