I`ve shot the one i wanted to keep, thanks to Mr C.

6.5 x 55 said:
Why not get a helicopter the DCS seems to think they are the dogs nuts. :lol: and have wiped out more deer in a season than a stalker could take in his life time, :(
Now i wasn't going to post on this as every thing has been said with regards the basil chap.
But nutty who ever told you that under the chin was the least mobile place on a kneck must be a beginner. Now i now you haven't been stalking long and are only sticking up for the underdog (basil ) in this case but please think logically before you post. With regards Jan Andrews If she did put a shot under the chin i dont really agree with that and would tell her to here back as she is bigger than me . :eek: but ill bet it wasnt out at nearly 200 mtrs.

6.5 correct to an extent Ive not been a rifle owner or had my own ground for long but have been lucky enough to have shot a fair few beasts Im in no way an expert or am I self appointed expert. as for the lad who told me about the neck well hes shot more beasts than me had his ticket longer than me I know that in your eyes may not be hard but I understand what he meant!!! And to be honest and this is not directed solely at yourself I dont give a rats butt as to what you all think! If you all were out in a snow shower alot of you think the snow would look dirty beside you all!!!!!! As Ive said before take your heeds out of your buts and smell the coffee!!! and think how you reply to a post!! WE NEED TO BE UNITED and not call a man down for basically nowt!! Did the beast suffer? NO! And thats the end of that!!

At the end of the day, Basil has come out of this at right end, with no deer suffering.
As Malcom has said, shoot enough deer for long enough and you will make a mistake, me included, but i will not go into what happened. :rolleyes:

Basil has now learned a lesson which will stick. He won`t be too quick to put deer welfare before a good head in the future so on this occasion he has had his legs slapped, took it like a man, learned a lesson and so now it is time to move on and let`s get on with Deerstalking.

Keep posting Basil

wadas

Wadashot, you said it the way I wanted to, but I got all long winded.
Well done Basil for standing up.
Well done to the forum for what was mostly a civilised debate.
G

I`m going to make one last reply to "That post" then as far as i`m concerned, the baby is going to bed.
I`ve not long come off the phone from my superviser and if you think Alex Fergusson has a hair drier then you are greatly mistaken.
I said i would stand and be counted, i have. I have been judged, found guilty by many but thankfully not hung, drawn and quartered.
We can make "That post" run for a long, long time, and i`m sure that in ten years time "That post" will be the Pheonix, it will rise again and if anyone learns from it, then let it rise again.
Now, i see someone has started a post on head shots, we are going to have the aftermath, we will see other related matters but for me "That post" is the baby that is now asleep.
Please, for the good of the forum and the world of Deer Stalking let the baby sleep.
Thanks.
basil.

Basil,

You are right, let this baby go to sleep. For what it is worth mate I do not see that you have done anything wrong.

Keep posting mate.

Regards

Steyr.308

Gentlemen this post and thread is at an end. Let us move on. If needs be I will lock this thread as I think enough has been said.

Thank you.

Hand on hearts guys/ladies , Who Hasnt had a bad experience, lets put this one to bed and move on. Basil has been honest and out there. Pity all the silent members dont have a voice!!
Trapper.

Malc,

I for one agree with your comment on this one. I think it is time to lock this and stop any unnecessary postings.

Well done Admin ;)

sikamalc said:
Gentlemen this post and thread is at an end. Let us move on. If needs be I will lock this thread as I think enough has been said.

Thank you.

And stop my fun!!!!! :evil:

nutty

I don't normally comment on posts like this but in this case I'll make an exception.

Sikamalc: yes please lock this thread.

Nuttyspaniel: Your comments are as usual inflammatory and self serving. If you are really considering giving up stalking then by all means go ahead. You'll improve the gene pool by leaving it.

Yes I have seen the DVD you mention and yes I did think it was a bad shot.

Z

Back