ID mushroom

sh1kar

grows in same spot every year. Is this a field mushroom? Not a lot of smell. Slightly mushrooms with hint of liqourice

S

BB80AFC6-9AEE-4DD7-96E5-8428040493C0.jpeg D97B6165-FAC8-4A00-BD95-91C70129921F.jpeg DC9E6F84-9665-4B49-A2A6-A049E0566DC3.jpeg

g.u.y

levigsp

Agreed if it’s turning yellow don’t bother unless you fancy some “gastric distress,” whilst a yellow stainer won’t kill you it won’t give you a great time. I think most incidence of mushroom poisoning in the uk are at the hands of this little known fella
Please don't give people false information, it is not very useful or nice as it puts people off collecting wild foods. nearly all agarics, including the horse mushroom have yellow stain on there bases of leg/stalk. A yellow staining mushroom [Agaricus xanthodermus] is not the same, and as the name suggest, yellow staining and NOT yellow stained. eg if you cut the stem/leg/stalk it instantly turns a lurid/vivid yellow. this mushroom is serious risk to gastric upset but only effects some people.

shakey jake

also the smell of yellow stainer, like plaster or dissinfectant, horse mushroom aniseed. if in doubt serve for the mother in law and wait a couple of days till you try

g.u.y

Please don't give people false information, it is not very useful or nice as it puts people off collecting wild foods. nearly all agarics, including the horse mushroom have yellow stain on there bases of leg/stalk. A yellow staining mushroom [Agaricus xanthodermus] is not the same, and as the name suggest, yellow staining and NOT yellow stained. eg if you cut the stem/leg/stalk it instantly turns a lurid/vivid yellow. this mushroom is serious risk to gastric upset but only effects some people.

I’m not wanting to give false information and certainly not put someone off foraging, but I could have phrased that better by saying to OP also check at least some books if you’re not sure 👍🏻 I’m not sure what mushroom it is because it’s three pictures on the internet 🤷🏼‍♂️ use caution is all I’m saying.

Devon Stalker

FYI, there is an excellent Facebook group “mushroom foraging United Kingdom” with a huge number of very helpful and knowledgeable folk on it if your interested. Be waned though, make sure you provide lots of pics of the shroom in question, including pre-picking in situ, and have a guess too! They’re great but like to see some effort

baguio

I’m not wanting to give false information and certainly not put someone off foraging, but I could have phrased that better by saying to OP also check at least some books if you’re not sure 👍🏻 I’m not sure what mushroom it is because it’s three pictures on the internet 🤷🏼‍♂️ use caution is all I’m saying.
Those 3 pictures show as clear as day what it is. If you don't know anything about something then why comment? It's not compulsory to comment on here you know! That's not just aimed at you BTW!

g.u.y

For you maybe, to me they aren’t clear enough to be certain it’s a horse mushroom and there is too much doubt without physically handling it. There is no picture of the mushroom in situ. It is impossible to tell if the veil has dropped with or without a cogwheel as none remains. Can you tell the difference in the spore print?

I’d have still said worst case scenario if the OP had posted a blusher (panther cap)