Identify The Mystery Object!

csl

Administrator
Site Staff
Apparently this object came sailing through the window of a friend's mother's house last night so obviously he is keen to identify where (and whom!) it might have come from!

Looks like some sort of engineering component or tooling to me?...

Anyone know what it is?

p.s. No rude suggestions please, they've already all been made!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420831400.862026.jpg

csl

Administrator
Site Staff
Thanks guys!

So soldering iron tip seems to be out in front currently...

This is the only photo I have unfortunately.

now i know we need an EX FILE section what with star jelly /heron dribble pieces of power tools things that go bump in the night,oh and very large pussy,s shaped like a black lab and whatever else wierd and wonderful that crops up, regards doug,:cool:

csl

Administrator
Site Staff
Originally I had misunderstood the size of it from the photo thinking it was bigger and assumed some idiot had thrown it but if it is a soldering iron tip it can't be very big or heavy? Also, it apparently came through a double glazed window! So the implication is that either it was a freak accident and got picked up by a fast moving vehicle tyre or something.... or it was fired by something like a catapult.... or worse?

It obviously needs looking into because if it had struck someone's head instead it could have killed them. They've been advised to push the matter with the police!