If anyone needs an Enfield 7.62 magazine

alberta boy

Thanks for the tip , Lee Enfield No 4 mag in 7.62 Nato are hard to find , but 145 quid ! They're not giving them away are they . The last one I bought here cost $ 150 CDN , that was about 5 years ago , so these guys aren't really out of line pricewise . I may have to send them an email .

Thanks AB

Last edited:

ashray

dont you think all the old ranger rifles and magazines will be available as they have taken delivery of the new tikka rifles?

HandB

You're welcome - bear in mind that these are not cheap at £135 but they are genuine Enfield 7.62mm magazines. I got a couple and they are in good condition.

alberta boy

dont you think all the old ranger rifles and magazines will be available as they have taken delivery of the new tikka rifles?

The Ranger rifles are still as issued , chambered in 303 Brit . The Rangers have been given their Lee Enfields in thanks for their service , about 5000 I believe . The remainder are going to the Cadets after being serviced , the rest will go to various museums and legions throughout Canada .
I have a few friends who are Rangers , the general consensus among them is that they'd rather keep the LE No 4 over the new Ranger rifles . The Lee Enfield is a very well thought of and respected firearm throughout Canada , I'm always surprised at the lack of respect they get on this website . I think it's down to the firearms law in the UK , you're somewhat limited on how many firearms you can posses at one time , we aren't . I have a few , one is my dedicated truck rifle . It will handle any conceivable situation I can think of , and it always works in any conditions . I don't think an FEO in the UK would accept " just in case SHTF , truck rifle " as a viable reason for a variation on your ticket lol .
Sorry for the thread hijack HandB , I'm coming off a nightshift and tend to babble lol .

AB

Highlandsjohn

The Ranger rifles are still as issued , chambered in 303 Brit . The Rangers have been given their Lee Enfields in thanks for their service , about 5000 I believe . The remainder are going to the Cadets after being serviced , the rest will go to various museums and legions throughout Canada .
I have a few friends who are Rangers , the general consensus among them is that they'd rather keep the LE No 4 over the new Ranger rifles . The Lee Enfield is a very well thought of and respected firearm throughout Canada , I'm always surprised at the lack of respect they get on this website . I think it's down to the firearms law in the UK , you're somewhat limited on how many firearms you can posses at one time , we aren't . I have a few , one is my dedicated truck rifle . It will handle any conceivable situation I can think of , and it always works in any conditions . I don't think an FEO in the UK would accept " just in case SHTF , truck rifle " as a viable reason for a variation on your ticket lol .
Sorry for the thread hijack HandB , I'm coming off a nightshift and tend to babble lol .

AB

Good informative post ab,great that you are still using yours,thank you. john

HandB

Thanks AB that's interesting - the Lee Enfield No4 in .303 is a superb piece of kit. Used to shoot it a lot in the cadets as a kid. Once I get my eye in with the 7.62 version, I'd love to add a .303 to the family...

alberta boy

Thanks AB that's interesting - the Lee Enfield No4 in .303 is a superb piece of kit. Used to shoot it a lot in the cadets as a kid. Once I get my eye in with the 7.62 version, I'd love to add a .303 to the family...

I'll be in London in Sept , we can meet up for a drink , along with a few other SD members , and discuss the virtues of the 303 Brit lol .

AB

alberta boy

Hi AB, do you have any pics of the ranger rifles in use? It would be cool to see some!
K

You can search Canadian Rangers on the net , there are some excellent videos and articles on line . I'm between places right now and don't have access to most of my pictures , tablet only for the time being . I was just reading an article on the C-19 , the replacement rifle for the No 4's . As most of you know , or perhaps not , it's a worked over Tikka in 308 . Aperture sights , a 10 round mag and is , apparently , set up for Arctic ( - 55 C ) conditions ............... sounds like a LE to me . There will be an evaluation on it's field performance next year . It should be interesting , the LE No 4 is a tough act to follow .

AB

Roro

AB

I subscribe to canadian channel, riflechair on youtube, and he and his friends love the .303 and enfields, and do many excellent and informative videos on them.

alberta boy

I subscribe to canadian channel, riflechair on youtube, and he and his friends love the .303 and enfields, and do many excellent and informative videos on them.

Ha , small world . I watch his videos as well . I've bought a few things off him over the years . He's a longtime member on Canadian Gunnutz , like me , and usually has some very cool rifles for sale , an interesting and knowledgeable man . Maple leaf up .

AB

Last edited:

Jon Smith

<snip> I'm always surprised at the lack of respect they get on this website . I think it's down to the firearms law in the UK , you're somewhat limited on how many firearms you can posses at one time , we aren't . <snip>

AB

Maybe because it is an old battlefield rifle and this site is generally about shooting deer.;)
Tomato stake is my personal opinion of them - yes a good working battlefield rifle that's as ugly as sin and wouldn't own one even if given one.
It has nothing to do with 'respect'.

alberta boy

Maybe because it is an old battlefield rifle and this site is generally about shooting deer.;)
Tomato stake is my personal opinion of them - yes a good working battlefield rifle that's as ugly as sin and wouldn't own one even if given one.
It has nothing to do with 'respect'.

Fair enough , to each his own . I'll keep using mine to shoot deer and other things ........ like a few thousand other Canadians lol .

AB