If Henry VIII enjoyed it….

Gameking

Interesting way of cooking new potatoes !, never seen them with red onion, I assume they are cooked together ? - can you elaborate please ?

Foxyboy43

Interesting way of cooking new potatoes !, never seen them with red onion, I assume they are cooked together ? - can you elaborate please ?
Glad you enjoyed our very simple but fantastic fare.
Raw finely chopped red onion and a clove of garlic, small dash of nut vinegar (Maille - Vinaigre de vin Aromatise Noix - get it online) olive oil and butter. Drain cooked new potatoes, add all ingredients, gently toss, leave lid on pot for 2-3 minutes to let onions/garlic soften and serve. Season to taste. Mmmm! A recipe given to us 30 years ago by a dear Yugoslavian friend; the dish is a family favourite and known to us as Vera’s potatoes, bet you can’t guess our friend’s name?
The shank was slightly less tender as you would expect but the rest was beautiful - simple is defo best - and quicker!!! Make sure the charcoal is really hot and don’t overcook - as with all venison it will ambush you by finishing cooking on your table v quickly - so really best to take off heat when it almost looks undercooked!
Enjoy.
🦊🦊

Jelen

Glad you enjoyed our very simple but fantastic fare.
Raw finely chopped red onion and a clove of garlic, small dash of nut vinegar (Maille - Vinaigre de vin Aromatise Noix - get it online) olive oil and butter. Drain cooked new potatoes, add all ingredients, gently toss, leave lid on pot for 2-3 minutes to let onions/garlic soften and serve. Season to taste. Mmmm! A recipe given to us 30 years ago by a dear Yugoslavian friend; the dish is a family favourite and known to us as Vera’s potatoes, bet you can’t guess our friend’s name?
The shank was slightly less tender as you would expect but the rest was beautiful - simple is defo best - and quicker!!! Make sure the charcoal is really hot and don’t overcook - as with all venison it will ambush you by finishing cooking on your table v quickly - so really best to take off heat when it almost looks undercooked!
Enjoy.
🦊🦊
Nice choice of wine too.

Foxyboy43

Nice choice of wine too.
Yep! A hot tip - if you go onto Portugal Vineyards site you will be stunned by the quantity, quality and prices of everything from wines through port to brilliant olive oil. We have been using the site for years and despite brexit they are still delivering (to NI at least) and though prices have gone up it is still c.£5 per bottle of really good wine. Catedral and Porta 6 wines can be excellent value by the half (as if!!) case or more. The site has been very popular with my yacht club pals in our small seaside town to the extent that delivery drivers were complaining about the sudden increase in deliveries and weights! Shame really…..
🦊🦊

Jelen

Yep! A hot tip - if you go onto Portugal Vineyards site you will be stunned by the quantity, quality and prices of everything from wines through port to brilliant olive oil. We have been using the site for years and despite brexit they are still delivering (to NI at least) and though prices have gone up it is still c.£5 per bottle of really good wine. Catedral and Porta 6 wines can be excellent value by the half (as if!!) case or more. The site has been very popular with my yacht club pals in our small seaside town to the extent that delivery drivers were complaining about the sudden increase in deliveries and weights! Shame really…..
🦊🦊
I lived just outside Oporto in the early 70's and discovered the fine wines.
It's only in the last few years that it's started to appear on shelves in this country.
thanks for the tip re Portugal Vineyards site.

Foxyboy43

I lived just outside Oporto in the early 70's and discovered the fine wines.
It's only in the last few years that it's started to appear on shelves in this country.
thanks for the tip re Portugal Vineyards site.
A pleasure - I just hope they will send to the mainland!
good luck.
🦊🦊

TomDeer

Fallow foreleg brushed with good quality olive oil, good smattering of quality salt and pepper, 15-20 mins on hot bbq - simples!
🦊🦊
View attachment 214995 View attachment 214996
Looks really good. I was however misled by the title and initially wondered whether the post was about multiple wives, their disposal (by fair or foul means) and the establishment of the Church of England. Food however is probably less controversial 😉

Foxyboy43

Looks really good. I was however misled by the title and initially wondered whether the post was about multiple wives, their disposal (by fair or foul means) and the establishment of the Church of England. Food however is probably less controversial 😉
An “understandable misunderstanding” my friend but not entirely off the mark. Last week Mrs FB and I stayed one night at Hever Castle, the home of Anne Boleyn. Beautiful place and the grounds were ours after closing at 5pm! Magnificent place.
Shop sold TeaTowels with the legend:-
“Divorced;
Beheaded;
Died;
Divorced;
Beheaded;
Survived.”
🦊🦊

Foxyboy43

Mrs FB just ordered 2 cases (24) now - £130 incl. delivery - due next week. Yipppeeee!!
🦊🦊
Jelen
For info - tonite’s 24 bottles order. The first price on each is before discount. A super price for great wines - next order will be port and olive oil, I am told!
🦊🦊
ENO0007 Catedral Reserve Red 2019 20 % €4.73 €3.94 12 €47.26
SES0008 Santos da Casa Douro Red 2015 20 % €6.42 €5.09 6 €30.53
MUV0164 Vidigal Porta 6 Red 2020 20 % €4.47 €3.58 6 €21.50
Tax Detail Tax Rate Base price Total Tax
Products 20.000 % €99.29 €19.87
Shipping 20.000 % €31.00 €0.00
Total Products Shipping Costs Total (Tax excl.) Total Tax Total
€99.29 + €31.00
€130.29 €19.87 €150.16

biffo

🦊🦊
Went on Portugal wines site and loaded up a case of decent wines. Stopped short of buying when I remembered VAT and excise duty are on top, which was going to be an extra £60 a case or £5 a bottle….

Foxyboy43

Went on Portugal wines site and loaded up a case of decent wines. Stopped short of buying when I remembered VAT and excise duty are on top, which was going to be an extra £60 a case or £5 a bottle….
Ouch! Is the difference because of NI still being a “part” of the EU for trading purposes then?
🦊🦊