If you could have just 1 Deer Calibre

I. Farticus

6.5x55 with 140gr SSTs will knock over anything that the UK has to offer...

I only have a 3 gun cabinet, and there's a 12b in there as well (scoped rifle, so they have to sit sideways), so I had to choose a "one for everything"

Note to self:
Buy and install 5 gun deep cabinet next time The Bride's away with the kids for a night before this lot take the p*ss for only having one rifle - oh, but what else to buy???

Loki

Hi
My .300WM does just about anything here, Europe, most of the African Plains Game (most people have access to) and just about anything else in North America.

Loaded at the lower end it is not 'onerous'......

Cheers, L

moses

Impossible to choose............

So far I'm at 300wsm, 257 Weatherby Mag, 375H&H, and I've convinced myself I need a 6.5x47lapua which I have a slot for and a Kipplauf in either 7x57 or 7x65R.

I do find myself strangely drawn to Magnum cals.....:drool:

wraith

7mm remington mag :stag:deer hate this caliber number 1 deer caliber in my book flat fast kills on the spot think if more triyed this caliber there would be more shooters using it

digger9523

303 British in a Ruger No 1

holythreadresbatman.jpg

:D

Thar

I would not be too fussed which deer legal calibre I had to use, so long as it wasn’t a 6.5X55 :stir: anything but one of them. 243,308,270, 25-06, 6.5-06, 7mm anything, 30-06 none of them would stop me getting deer.

ATB

Tahr

I. Farticus

I would not be too fussed which deer legal calibre I had to use, so long as it wasn’t a 6.5X55 :stir: anything but one of them. 243,308,270, 25-06, 6.5-06, 7mm anything, 30-06 none of them would stop me getting deer.

ATB

Tahr

Are you afraid of wearing a pink shirt as well? Not sure what you've got against the 6.5... Not Man enough for you? Unlikely as you have the .243 on your list

Each to their own i guess