If you had to pick between these two knives

nun_hunter

The material and shape of the handle on the EKA looks like you're less likely to slip and cut yourself if your hand is wet and bloody during a gralloch than the Cudeman.

BryanDC

I agree with Nun-Hunter. I have an Enzo trapper which has a similar shaped blade to these but a smooth handle like the Cudeman and although it is a great all purpose bushcraft knife, it is not the best for gralloching. I find the blade is also a little thick for gralloching at 3.6mm. The EKA will also be easier to find when you put it down.

Jagare

I've got a EKA Nordic A10, the shorter bladed version of the A12. Its the knife i wear about my place. Is it a stalking knife? Its more Bushcraft than a hunting knife I think. The blade is over 4mm thick and it is broad in the blade. The Cudeman is also a bushcraft kife but i have know experience of that knife. I would have thought that there are many better stalking knives to be had than those two.

murph3010

I've got a EKA Nordic A10, the shorter bladed version of the A12. Its the knife i wear about my place. Is it a stalking knife? Its more Bushcraft than a hunting knife I think. The blade is over 4mm thick and it is broad in the blade. The Cudeman is also a bushcraft kife but i have know experience of that knife. I would have thought that there are many better stalking knives to be had than those two.

Could you give me some examples i dont want not to get a stalking knife but not one that brakes the bank.

BryanDC

thought about this one too. i dont like the way its locks. looks like it would be a pain wearing cloves and covered in blood.

I don't really like the way it looks either, but I did watch one of my hunting licence instructors skin and butcher a young Fallow with his. He was one of those that swear by them.

Toots

Of the two I'd have the Cudeman. Going off a little bit I'd have a Casstrom Safari though.

2130martin

Cudeman,far more compact and workable inside a cadaver....keep razor sharp and think of a knife like a surgeons scalpal not a lumberjacks axe...