I'm glad that I bought that!

ChesterP

In contrast to the thread on things you wish you'd never bought, how about things that you're really glad you did invest on? To kick things off:

• Reloading kit....has saved me more than it cost after less than a year's use and I've developed some stunningly accurate loads so win-win
  • Nightforce scope...worth the investment for rugged reliability and good optics for much less than a premium European Scope
  • T3: Everyone's got one and now I know why
  • Taking a risk and after a shed load of expensive failures with Volvos and VW group vehicles, investing in a used Lexus. The most comfortable, reliable, nicest to drive thing I've ever owned. If I ever go 4WD it will be a Landcruiser...Toyota group vehicles just seem to work without the usual headaches.
  • Insect repellent treated army surplus for stalking: no tick bites since use, cheap, tough and does the job at a fraction of Gucci kit. I don't care of I look like poorly turned out squaddy and the deer don't seem to mind either.

nicowilson

Pocket binoculars that now live in my dummy bag as invariably I see deer when I'm out with the dogs and previously I'd just see a brown animal and not be able to identify it.

merlin

- my dog (despite my comment in the "Wish I'd never bought that" thread :D); she has been an outstanding retriever, pheasant flusher and generally ace companion.
- my wife's dog, Stanley the Bedlington terrier. Very much a pet not a working dog, but has brought so much happiness and amusement to the house, especially for my wife and daughter.
- my Sako .308
- Frost clipper knives
- a pair of minox binos
- my BSA r10
- my Nissan terrano shooting truck; for what i paid for it and for what i use it for, it has been fantastic.:D
- a windproof smock to wear instead of a waterproof one

Rasputin

Two things first a survival blanket. when I broke my leg skiing in deep snow it quite literally would have saved my life had they not got to me so quick, secondly my teeth. Had bad teeth from boxing and stuff so bought them and it made me feel heaps better :)

ChrisJB

Lowa Hunter GTX Boots
Theoben MFR.20
Lightstream Scope
Indian Runner Ducks
Load of Euro's before the referendum

tozzybum

PH 1200 in .243 faultless,Leica bino,s 8x42 best ive owned and an Aldi compressor just keeps working after over 10 years never misses a beat

VSS

My farm. About 20 years ago. Wouldn't have a hope of it now!

Decent wellies.

Both my rifles - .22LR BRNO#2 and .243 P-H Safari Deluxe - more by luck than judgement they both seem so "right" for me, and no plans to change either of them any time in the foreseeable future.

(And, just to counteract a remark someone made on the alternative thread, my first (and current) wedding ring).

unicorn71

Swarovski 8x42 el's never without them, my Sako FinFire 20 odd years on and still love it and lastly my R8 pro success which just feels right.

Wills

Leica 8x42 BN Binos. Second hand £600.
Leica 10 x 42 hds - with range finder. Turns out I am sh£$T at judging range.. these sort it.
Sauer 202 in .270. Had a Blaser R93 before in same calibre.
Second hand t3 lite in 6.5x55 - awesome piece of kit for the money. Stock isn't the best but its accurate.
Tikka 595 in .243.
Heym SR 20 stuzen in .270. The action is the smoothest I have ever used. Just a beaut.

Zeiss victory HT 3-12 x 56 scope.

Norrona Finskogen suit - light weight and waterproof. Works well when layering.
Harkila pro hunter - caveat is that it was a few years ago and cheaper. Not sure i would do now..

Meindle Burma boots - very comfy.

Kjf

z aim rifle sling, gun( as long as it's accurate and goes bang, who cares) , ammo , zeiss scope, bushnell legend HD binos, and ex army gortex,

the rest of the kit I've accumulated over the years was a waste of money ( and I've got a lot of branded stuff)

the z aim sling was a god send though

kjf