I'm inbound for the Kingdom on Friday.

A Guy Out West

Hunting with a friend I made on this site and then I will be holed up at the Abbey Arms hotel in New Abbey, Scotland from the 13th to the 17th. Doing a mini UK safari. The evening of the 13th, 15th, 16th would be a good time to meet up. Any of you guys that want to meet and talk about hunting over here or there, feel free to drop by. If you want info on hunting the US, bring your lap top. I would be thrilled to help you guys get over here and enjoy a hunt. I'm helping a few of you already, one hunter to another. If interested ask for Michael from Oregon. No real late nights, 11 or 12 tops. My first time to the UK. Cheers!

If you've not been to the UK before & you get the chance, visit Drumlanrig Castle (more of a Palace really); it's about 45 mins from New Abbey.

Michael, had I had far greater notice I would have been up to buy you a scotch egg.

Members if you are a commuting distance then take the oppertunity, Michael has
been a gent with the advice for my future US hunting trips.

I'm approx 50 miles to the east of you next weekend mate, I'll be stalking though and up early, otherwise I'd love to meet up,

enjoy your visit, may your aim be true,

kjf

You should have a cracking time. Make sure you get a "full fry up" each morning - if there is one thing the UK does better than the rest of the world, it's breakfast.

Savor the entire experience - stalking in the UK is much more hush hush than we are used to in the states, but most of the lads really know their stuff. While SW Scotland is surely beautiful, if you get up to the Highlands you will become addicted for life. If not this trip, make plans for another trip back and go north.

Shame we can't cross paths, but brother and I are making our return to the Highlands trip about a week after your trip is over. Can honestly say that the I am extremely excited. Back for a week with Malc and Mark for the stags, and a couple days with Frank prior to either try to get in some wild fowling or a salmon, whichever works out.

Have a good time. Make sure and try both proper haggis and a haggis supper with Irn Bru while you're in Scotland.

Here's one from my last trip home!FB_IMG_1473444664108.jpg

Hunting with a friend I made on this site and then I will be holed up at the Abbey Arms hotel in New Abbey, Scotland from the 13th to the 17th. Doing a mini UK safari. The evening of the 13th, 15th, 16th would be a good time to meet up. Any of you guys that want to meet and talk about hunting over here or there, feel free to drop by. If you want info on hunting the US, bring your lap top. I would be thrilled to help you guys get over here and enjoy a hunt. I'm helping a few of you already, one hunter to another. If interested ask for Michael from Oregon. No real late nights, 11 or 12 tops. My first time to the UK. Cheers!

Enjoy Sir

Have a good trip, good hunting.
Visit the ruins of Dulce Cor( Sweetheart Abbey) next to the hotel.
6 miles away is Arbigland, the birth place of John Paul JONES
later an intrepid Captain in the U.S. Navy .
This cottage is where the Scottish flag and the Stars and Stripes fly side by side,
john Paul Jones museum.jpg

Make sure, you visit posilpark. It's an eye-catching experience !!. But be diligent at all times though. I hope you enjoy your vacation.

If I can I'll drop in. I'm travelling up to Argyll but should try and fit a trip in to ground at New Abbey. Probably be pushing the good luck quota as will have wife with me and haven't booked any accommodation in that area. I'd be happy to camp up the wood as normal but think wife might not be so keen. Especially as I've got her staying in the wood for 3 days in Argyll.

Hope you manage to enjoy some good hunting and the weather stays as it has for the last few weeks. ATB.

Look forward to meeting up Michael , hopefully we can get you a bit of variety , we saw few good stags and nice trophy billies over the weekend
image.jpg 20160330_194019_resized_1olivia.jpg
Hopefully along the lines of similar to these

have a gr8 time your in good company and on fantastic ground hope the weather is kind a d the drags easy go steady on the guide he's not fit yet too much holiday beer :stir:
regards Norma

Back