Importing Antlers to the UK

fleckhowa1500

So we decided not to do the full head but only the skull cap and I’ll check it in at the airport. Seems an awful lot cheaper than posting it home due to the volumetric weight thing! Wish me luck. Black Friday in Cabela’s will allow me to pack loads of stuff around it :norty:!

mereside

when I hunted NZ I boiled out my chammy,tahr and red heads and packed them in my rucksack in towels, i thought that they might get taken in Hongkong but all came home fine, the women at the scanning machine was quite intrigued to see what I had over at there end but everything was fine for me,regards wayne

dunwater

Get all the flesh off the skull. Peroxide it. Scrub all the soil off the antlers. Then send it during the Christmas rush. Declare it as antlers and see how you go.

There are zero replies and zero help from anybody on this forum so you are on your own.
I declared mine as an “ ethically sourced organic coat rack kit”

stalker.308

So we decided not to do the full head but only the skull cap and I’ll check it in at the airport. Seems an awful lot cheaper than posting it home due to the volumetric weight thing! Wish me luck. Black Friday in Cabela’s will allow me to pack loads of stuff around it :norty:!
Hadn't realised you were still there. You will be fine, just make sure it is clean, peroxide hides a multitude of bits too. As I said above brig your tags/certificates to show it was legally harvested in case you have issues leaving the country. Getting back n to the uk is the easy bit.

fleckhowa1500

Took the antlers home in my hand luggage! I was watching the TSA officers as four of them laughed at the image on their screen, quick call to someone and it was approved! Glad they weren't antis lol. After a bit of research I think that it is in general a straightforward enough process provided the specimen isn't from the CITES list. The problems can arise, as mentioned above, with couriers and their individual policies on animal parts. Thanks again for all the advice!

stalker.308

Took the antlers home in my hand luggage! I was watching the TSA officers as four of them laughed at the image on their screen, quick call to someone and it was approved! Glad they weren't antis lol. After a bit of research I think that it is in general a straightforward enough process provided the specimen isn't from the CITES list. The problems can arise, as mentioned above, with couriers and their individual policies on animal parts. Thanks again for all the advice!
Well done, sometimes you just have to get on with it!

Any pics of the finished product on the wall?

norfolk shooter

You just prep the skull and send it through the post simples. Or prep the skull and bring it as excess baggage. If it dont need a CITES its fine. It will all change if this new law gets passed though.
Sorry didnt see you got them home already. Looking good though