Importing CITES from europe

6points

How hard is this going to be after the f*** up of leaving the EU? All being well I'm going to hunt ibex and barbary sheep in Spain next February. The guide has warned shipping costs are going to be higher as will have to go from broker to broker and also said about paper work needing to be spot on. Does anyone have experience of how this works now?
Regards
Dave

gr1ffer

Neither is cites so won’t be an issue. Prep & post are expensive and should be factored into any hunt. I’ve done several hunts to Spain now and take clients and never have an issue. My last shipment arrived 2 days ago and was £290 to my door includeing taxidermist costs and vets certificate.

stalker.308

I have done cites permits from canada to europe, easy process, I did not involve brokers to get it shipped back I made sure the package had all copies in a document envelope o the outside, so as it left it was stamped, as it entered it was stamped. Had it only been in Europe I would have sorted the permits and flown it back myself.

6points

That's ok then doesn't seem to hard you hear all the horror stories of importing exporting lately and makes you wonder how bad its going to be I had some things back from SA and wasn't to bad except the cost. I didn't think barbary was on CITES and I have been looking and it looks like it's Annex B so have to apply for a permit to import and a fee

stalker.308

That's ok then doesn't seem to hard you hear all the horror stories of importing exporting lately and makes you wonder how bad its going to be I had some things back from SA and wasn't to bad except the cost. I didn't think barbary was on CITES and I have been looking and it looks like it's Annex B so have to apply for a permit to import and a fee
That should be straight forward, the paperwork is fairly easy. From memory you phone through and pay before you send in the forms and they give you a reference number to write on the paperwork, they were very nice and helpful on the phone.