Indiscretion

Sauer 100 Stainless XTA - Discover Now >>>

6pt-sika

I’ve had excellent success with all the CZ rifles I’ve messed with be it 527’s , 550FS or the 550 African guns . I did however put my 550FS 6.5x55 on GB last Monday and it sold Saturday for almost twice what I had in it . So on that note I think the pair of 527 HB’s will hit the block Tuesday or Thursday . If they sell I’ll be out of Grendel’s and down to a pair of 222’s .

Hornet 6

Rifle came with a box of Prvi Partizan - 7.62mm x 39 FMJ 123gr and the group shot- from a bench rest, at 25m- was tight.
I plan a session this coming Thursday so will have more details after that
Did used to hand load but I doubt I will restart as the "over the counter" cost for Prvi ammunition is ok for me
Is someone now importing expanding ammo, they didn't used to, which is why I had to load for it.

Neil.

Archer

Doesn't look like it Neil - but this time round the rifle is specifically for fox ( l have 243 and 308 for deer and boar) so will manage with fmj
and handload if I have to
atb
R

Muir

Another range day. Today I loaded the exact same loads but used CCI primers instead of S&B. It might have been just me, or the 102F heat, but I couldn't shoot worth a crap, comparatively speaking. My average was just under 1 MOA 100 yards. Three shots or five. It didn't matter. Nice circular grouping. No wild weasels. Just boring. Good groups, but boring.

I'm blaming the primer switch. Wouldn't be the first time a load changed significantly with a switch of primers... (pay heed) ~Muir

PS: I'm still happy with the rifle. Even that load is more than deer worthy.

6pt-sika

You got me stirred up with this thread . But not in the direction you might have assumed . I listed both my 527 HB’s and my 455 Varmint . Time for someone else to get some fun out of them .

Muir

An addendum: The Timney trigger for my new 527 arrived today. It installed easily, as I suspected it would. I got a surprise when i pulled the action from the stock. There was the steel bedding block at the front of the receiver (as I found in my Varmint) and the recoil lug was glassed into the stock. The biggest shock was that the familiar steel tube that was used as a compression spacer at the tang was gone. Instead, there was what appears to be a thick-walled fiberglass pillar. Likewise for the front action screw. Looking at the contours cut in the rear pillar location, it appears that the rods are inserted/ epoxied into the wood before the inletting is machined. At least that is how it appears to me. The action and trigger guard sat squarely with no rock or flex.

Kudos to CZ for jumping ahead of the game. :thumb: No more fussing with bedding issues or making pillars. (Huzzah!) ~Muir

Colonel Rimfire

I love these micro actioned Cz527's

Great minds think alike, I had the compact in .223 but was always hankering after 7.62x39 its such a nice cartridge in a bolt gun. The Mrs has an Ak103 in x39 and we have a ton of Lapua brass I brought back from Finland.

Out of interest did you have to order it as I was told it could take 90 days to get one delivered to my RFD?

Muir

I love these micro actioned Cz527's

Great minds think alike, I had the compact in .223 but was always hankering after 7.62x39 its such a nice cartridge in a bolt gun. The Mrs has an Ak103 in x39 and we have a ton of Lapua brass I brought back from Finland.

Out of interest did you have to order it as I was told it could take 90 days to get one delivered to my RFD?
No. I bought it off the shelf.~Muir

6pt-sika

Well the markets there for sure now , my pair of 527 HB’s sold at a good bit over what I paid for them . The 455 VT is still in the shop but I have faith , that one will leave soon . Nothing against them I just need to reduce before the big move .

Muir

It is not hard.
Funny: I've mentioned the factory pillar bedding on my new CZ and no one commented. CZ owners, including myself, have been pretty vocal about the trials and tribulations of CZ bedding. I'm surprised there hasn't been any commentary on the new system. I'm really happy about the prospect of never pillar bedding another CZ.
But then I will probably sleaze into another new model soon enough.....~Muir

Muir

Profit over what I had in them .
I figured that out. I'm trying to figure out how you made a profit on a gun that's available, thinking that you must have gotten a deal to begin with. F'rinstance, the Trading Post will sometimes order a gun for me at their cost Plus a little. Other times it's MSRP with a little off. It depends on the gun. I hardly ever (never) sell guns so I'm interested. ~Muir

6pt-sika

I figured that out. I'm trying to figure out how you made a profit on a gun that's available, thinking that you must have gotten a deal to begin with. F'rinstance, the Trading Post will sometimes order a gun for me at their cost Plus a little. Other times it's MSRP with a little off. It depends on the gun. I hardly ever (never) sell guns so I'm interested. ~Muir
I bought the Grendel at dealer cost . I made about $200 on the Grendel and I made about $250 on the triple deuce . That 222 must have been some sort of limited or one year only run .

PSE Composites Limited