Insurance for taking clients out.

Tulloch

This one is aimed at those who take guests out , who are you insured by? mine is up for renewal and I wanted to see who else is about that covers taking out guests, Obviously I am not talking about normal BASC cover as I am with BASC for all my personal stuff that does not include taking guests out.

My current insurer covers me for the following.

Damage to my equipment
Public and personal Liability for taking guests out.
Boat and use of boat cover etc.

So who is about?

Dan Newcombe

Clark Thompson in Inverness are decent to deal with and can pretty much tailor to anything.

Our business cover is with them and a mate put us on to them and reckoned their cover for stalking is excellent.

bogtrotter

I am not at home at the moment and can't remember who mine is with Premier Line rings a bell linked to Lloyds
Similar cover to you apart from the boats about £300 a year

Last edited:

Tulloch

I am with Cliverton it costs me around £450 a year am looking for something cheaper as to me thats what I earn from 5 stalks, I know it doesnt sound a lot but when you count in fuel and time as well as my own lunches etc I barely break even throughout the year so trying to get my own costs down a bit

Tulloch

Lots of folk taking clients out on a part time basis. Many not insured. Also make sure your vehicle is insured for business if you are taking clients stalking for payment.
I am insured through NFU also insured for any one over the age of 25 who has a license fully comp so I am ok in regards to that

Uncle f

I am insured through NFU also insured for any one over the age of 25 who has a license fully comp so I am ok in regards to that
Not if your transporting guests/clients to and from stalking if your insured for social domestic and pleasure you will need to have a policy that covers your vehicle(s) for working with

devon deer stalker

I am with Cliverton it costs me around £450 a year am looking for something cheaper as to me thats what I earn from 5 stalks, I know it doesnt sound a lot but when you count in fuel and time as well as my own lunches etc I barely break even throughout the year so trying to get my own costs down a bit
I know where you are coming from but they count as expenses when you complete you tax return.
As for vehicle insurance, it isn't a lot more, I think mine came to £20/year
Cheers
Richard

Dan Newcombe

Even if they do count as expenses, they are still counting against your income.

Easiest thing to control is your costs, minimise them and you are, by default maximising your profit at any given income level.

philip

This one is aimed at those who take guests out , who are you insured by? mine is up for renewal and I wanted to see who else is about that covers taking out guests, Obviously I am not talking about normal BASC cover as I am with BASC for all my personal stuff that does not include taking guests out.

My current insurer covers me for the following.

Damage to my equipment
Public and personal Liability for taking guests out.
Boat and use of boat cover etc.

So who is about?
Hi Tulloch

i use a guy for my insurance - bill fountain, been using his company for years. always a good renewal and you just let him know exactly what you want covered he’ll get a cost over to you, he’s a pretty decent bloke to work with, I can pm his contact details over to you if you wish

cheers

phil

Robin

Like a lot of others I use Cliverton have done for years and has been said vehicle ins is only another £37
They may be slightly higher in cost but everything is covered.