Interesting programme tonight???

wadashot

This programme might be interesting tonight. 9.50 BBC2
It`s about people who live on roadkill, badgers, cats etc. :confused:

This guy was interviewed on Chris evans`s drivetime show a week or two back.

He lives in the Devon area around Bodmin on the A30 and that`s where he scrapes his stuff up from :eek: .

It`ll be worth a look.

wadashot

JAYB

Administrator
Site Staff
I saw the trailer for that, I think I shall give it a go. Wonder if he marinades the Badger.

John

MR FISH

hhmmmm yummy!!

the thought of a nice slice of manky flea bitten badger is making me starving - think i'll go home and see what culinary delights the Mrs has scraped up for me!!

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
Hi Guys, I think this chap has done some programmes before :confused: I watched a programme about eating roadkill some months back, and part of it was filmed in Kent.

They guy cycled around and picked up road kill Squirrel, Pheasant and a Brock. They did not cook the Brock because of TB, and it looked as though it had been there a good 24 hours, hmmmm lovelly fly eggs.

Think I will stick to the fresh stuff myself, straight out of the wood, into the chiller, and 7 days later on my plate or in the freezer. ;)

JAYB

Administrator
Site Staff
Do you think that those who eat these fly blown carcases and don't seem to get any type of food poisoning are brain damaged instead :confused:

Not for me, but I will be interested to watch the show.

John

swampy

dead stuff

a couple of years ago i got called to an rta as a deer group responder to this doe that looked like her spine was broken quite high up. The traffic officers on the scene were buddies of mine.
By the time i got out of the car Darren and steve were already asking me to butcher it. So i gave it the good news but instead of putting it out for council disposal. i took it home and hung it in the tree up the back garden. I gralloched it before moving it.
the next day i skinned it. The whole of the rear quarters were black with bruising. it was unfit to eat. so roadkill is not for me... although i saw this fox dead on the side of the road last week, i think it is still there

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
Just seen the trailer for tonight. It is not the same guy I have seen before on another programme, he was a young man long hair, you know the type :rolleyes:

I shall watch this tonight could raise a few remarks :eek:

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
There is something definatly in the water supply out that way.
:eek:

Hey Swampy do you fancy approaching those guys about the deer stalking on their farm :eek:

On suite caravan accommodation, early road kill breakfast served om a bed of fag ash and cat hair. LOOOOOOOOOVELLY :lol:

wadashot

Well, If that`s living down on Bodmin, then I will stay up here.

That Clifford character, there`s no wonder he was on his own, I was hoping the camerman was going to block that cave up behind him when he went looking for a panther. :lol:

I had to laugh when that guy on the farm went out to try his hand at the ladies and locked that bloody caravan up, who`s gonna nick owt from out of that? :lol:

That otter really did look mingin :eek:

wadashot

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
Ahhh Wadders nothing quite like a minging otter, just needed a touch of curry powder to hide the stench.

Dont you think he looked like Norman Bates, the one who spoke to his mothers skeleton in a rocking chair. Never saw her only the front of the car.

I have to say that pet cat looked bloody worried, it didnt want to come throught the cat flap in case he was on the other side with a bloody great axe :lol: :lol:
And then the other cat buried in the garden with only three legs, Yehhh I bet he ate the bloody leg, thats why :lol: :lol:

They all looked like extras from the film Deliverence. :eek:

Made me laugh.

wadashot

Yeah, malcom and that private investigator looked like legoland man with that hairdo :lol:

I tell you what, I wouldn`t eat a minging badger even If i had just knocked it down myself, and, I thought you had to report to the police before you could move a badger? as i know a taxidermist does.

Yes, definately something a bit deliverence like down there, go on squeal like a pig boy. haha :lol:

wadashot

Beowulf

Hi Sikamalc,
That young chap you are on about is a chef. Another one of those wannabe celeb types! He was an anti if I remember right and believed that only road kill animals should be eaten, rather than hunted game. Bloody weirdo!

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
Wadders that Private PI, he was about as much use as a chocolate teapot :lol: And I think one could safely say that he dyed his hair, either that or it is a syrup ;)

I have to say that the voice on the answer machine sounded very familier, Mr B what have you been up too :lol: :lol:

wadashot

malcom, I reckon that the voice on the answerphone was his wife, she was a veggie, all very suspect i think. :eek:

Nice to see you back Mr B. :D

wadders