Interesting reticle - anyone got one?

bewsher500

given me a migraine just looking at it!!

adaptation of the Horus reticule with a few more aspects of inclination added

Gaothead

I don't recon it's intended for people like me. I'd like to learn about all the long range factors though I've no idea what use they would be to a humble amateur stalker.

Ronin

Distinguished Member
I think by the time you've read the manual and mastered locating the correct dot matrix, one could have dialled in and made the shot successfully without an overly complex, confusing hash of marks the DTR is,,,,not dissimilar to the Horus (of which I have the same view)….

Southern

All kidding aside, this reticle makes sense, coming from David Tubb, a champion long range match shooter, who is all into unlimited class AR-15 race guns. The ranges are known, wind can be doped pretty well, so you can just use this to hold off as wind changes too quickly to keep up with it using the windage turret.

Mr. Gain

Every now and then something comes along that reminds you that, when all's said and done, you're just an amateur.

When it something like this, that's actually a good feeling.

Imagine worrying that you had to get your head round that or lose your competitive edge!

On the plus side, reading the manual would probably cure the resulting insomnia.

The isle is indeed full of wonders.

liongeorge

All kidding aside, this reticle makes sense, coming from David Tubb, a champion long range match shooter, who is all into unlimited class AR-15 race guns. The ranges are known, wind can be doped pretty well, so you can just use this to hold off as wind changes too quickly to keep up with it using the windage turret.
I hate to say it Southern but this is designed to be used on live game in the field! Check out the last paragraph, explaining how it is a time saver! See below

Ultimate ValueTime

If there is one word that sums up DTR, it’s TIME.The world is in constant motion. Nothing waits. DTR reduces the time in which you can fire an accurateshot, one shot or more than one shot.The “Split Time” is the lapse between when you saw the target and hit the target. Split Time can be thedifference between success and failure. The moment of truth lasts just a few seconds.DTR gives you everything faster. Everything else that must be accounted for, compensated for is builtinto the reticle. Distance is really all that remains. If the first shot was a miss, adjust distance on a follow-upshot. With DTR this is as simple as interpolating the next nearest aiming dot. Normally, if youmiss, the target is gone. It’s moving. If it stops there’s another shot opportunity, and here is where theSplit-Time really matters. Plus, if it doesn’t stop moving, the DTR moving target aiming references providean incalculably better opportunity to make a hit using DTR.

paul o'

:eek: you could direct a flight of star fighters with that !!! wonder if at the centre it reads ! along long time ago in a far off galaxy in a time long forgotten ? :lol: but it's prob made by Carlsberg for the far to much time on there hands shooter mil dot or red dot for me KISS.