Is this genuine?

John Gryphon

I ask as if it is we, the shooting/hunting fraternity should be using it to OUR advantage.

Mate just sent it through to me.

2zefkt1.jpg

deerstalker.308

Wouldn’t think it wasn’t, hardly surprising it’s not like they hide the fact they ahoot.... harry is “reputed” afterall to be one of the best game shots in the country (depending on who you listen to...) and they’ve both enjoyed the darker side of Africa too if I remember correctly

BryanDC

Yes it is genuine, but I am not sure how you would use it. The royal Family are well known for their hunting and shooting but they get bashed by the antis for it just as much if not more than everyone else.

enfieldspares

Yes. But HM Queen is also the Patron of the very very anti shooting (unless you are a hedgehog or a ruddy duck) RSPB and Patron of the very very anti hunting RSPCA. The late Diana Spencer was also very very anti fieldsports too, apparently.

Chasey

Yes. But HM Queen is also the Patron of the very very anti shooting (unless you are a hedgehog or a ruddy duck) RSPB and Patron of the very very anti hunting RSPCA. The late Diana Spencer was also very very anti fieldsports too, apparently.

I think your very much mistaken there as the RSPB is well known for culling deer to protect endangered birds.

enfieldspares

I think your very much mistaken there...

No, not mistaken, culling deer is no endorsement of recreational shooting Chasey. Two different things. Look at actions and their consequences. Not their words on their website. RSPB is very pro-actively very very anti shooting...as many wildfowlers whose leases on renewal have been out bid or gazumped by the RSPB to create bird watching coastal reserves where once the locals and others, through many generations, went 'fowling.

Last edited:

aris

Queen is patron of NRA/Bisley Camp.