Is this UK Government admitting it might a teeny tiny bit of ****up.

Heym SR20

Just into my email inbox from HMRC

“Dear Customer

If you move goods between the UK and countries in the EU, you need to follow new customs and tax rules.

Your business will be affected by the new rules if you:

• buy goods from an EU seller and bring them into the UK
  • send goods you’ve sold to a buyer in an EU country
  • haven’t exchanged money but need to move equipment that you use for your business, between the UK and the EU.
We understand this means a lot of changes are needed and recognise that the trading environment is particularly challenging for many businesses at the moment. That is why HMRC is offering to help you in a number of different ways.”

Mmm

Customer,

Lot of changes

particularly challenging

all do rather jump out at you.

But its OK the very nice HMRC is here to help you and guide through the rabbit hole.

tozzybum

They couldn't run a **** up in a brewery if you poured them a drink. It's August brexit was last January, 9 months to not admit total failure heh ho grubament at its finest 😉

mealiejimmy

I don't think you can totally blame HMRC.
They are simply trying to provide traders with the correct (but very complex) rules that now apply post Brexit - something the people who voted for Brexit had absolutely no idea about, didn't care about and for the majority, still have no idea about or care about.
Only as prices rise and the availability of goods decreases, will people see how dumb a decision that really was.
The day after the Brexit vote, someone said - we are no longer Great Britain - merely little Englanders - I fully concur.

Cheers

Bruce

Tazz

They are simply trying to provide traders with the correct (but very complex) rules that now apply post Brexit - something the people who voted for Brexit had absolutely no idea about, didn't care about and for the majority, still have no idea about or care about.
Only as prices rise and the availability of goods decreases, will people see how dumb a decision that really was.
The day after the Brexit vote, someone said - we are no longer Great Britain - merely little Englanders - I fully concur.

Cheers

Bruce
Did I ever mention we should never have left

Heym SR20

But the whole point of democracy is to choose representatives that act in our collective best interest. Yes the advisory referendum was just that sn advisory referendum.

But you spy a emperor stag on the far hill, and you decide to go after it. You spend 4 years crawling towards it, but now you see a massive cliff face in front of you with a drop into the abyss. It’s really that clever to temove your boot laces, and that drawstring in your pack and start lowering over the cliff. We are now on the end of that boot lace - so far so good and don’t grumble chaps on we go - well that killed most of good in the British Empire.

Shabz

But the whole point of democracy is to choose representatives that act in our collective best interest. Yes the advisory referendum was just that sn advisory referendum.

But you spy a emperor stag on the far hill, and you decide to go after it. You spend 4 years crawling towards it, but now you see a massive cliff face in front of you with a drop into the abyss. It’s really that clever to temove your boot laces, and that drawstring in your pack and start lowering over the cliff. We are now on the end of that boot lace - so far so good and don’t grumble chaps on we go - well that killed most of good in the British Empire.

It’s ages since I’ve heard these. Covid ruined everything. Sometimes it’s nice to hear the classics.

Rusty Gate

Cheers

Bruce
They sucked the Greatness out of us for years. Us & Germany were top contributors. We should of kept out & retained some greatness.

Rusty Gate

I have to agree, I don’t think we have been Great Britain for a long time unfortunately.
No backbone, too worried how we appear on the political stage while other countries run riot & we behave like we've an edless pot of gold. Shame our leaders have houses in nice aces instead of the run down areas they represent. Get some veterans with real world experience in there & our country would change quite quickly & quite well I'm sure

Fadcode

Brexit was not all doom and gloom, for one thing we didn't lose any friends in Europe, because we never had any.
The only thing we lacked was testicles, if our Govt had any we would have told them were to stick their borders, and it wouldn't have been in Ireland or the Irish Sea.

Bavarianbrit

Cheer up lads. Gone is gone, even I have accepted that now.
I am just left wondering where to get my milk from? Because the Tesco big shop was empty due to a total non-delivery of said milk yesterday.

Finch

To the EU maybe, but that is a good thing. We may have been the first to leave but we won't be the last. The European project is a broken dysfunctional construct that was never going to work.