ISIS bride granted legal aid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasey

We pay a high price for liberty and freedom of speech in this country.

Whilst I am sickened by this, I also recognise its the same rulings that would offer legal aid to someone with a genuine need for help

You cant cherry pick who has that right, that would be a slippery slope

DVS1

If my memory serves me correctly treason is still 'technically' carrying the death penalty...Mr Pierpoints trade is required again.

Unfortunately this does not surprise me, Great Britain is no longer Great, we now bend over and take it...without greasing up! However when you look at history perhaps this is karma, although I still believe the enemies of the state should be kept out. Were German nationals allowed free reign during WW2??? I always thought they were kept eyes on by being rounded up in one centralised location??

Orion

If my memory serves me correctly treason is still 'technically' carrying the death penalty...Mr Pierpoints trade is required again.

Unfortunately this does not surprise me, Great Britain is no longer Great, we now bend over and take it...without greasing up! However when you look at history perhaps this is karma, although I still believe the enemies of the state should be kept out. Were German nationals allowed free reign during WW2??? I always thought they were kept eyes on by being rounded up in one centralised location??
I believe they'd already changed the family name from Saxe Coburg Gothe to Windsor at the time of the previous all-Europe trench warfare championships. ;)

greenshoots

my memory serves me correctly treason is still 'technically' carrying the death penalty.

think that tratior blair repeeled that?

greenshoots

alberta boy

We're currently dealing with the same issue here . Some have been refused re-entry into Canada , others have been admitted and will stand trial for alleged war crimes . It has been very low key as the Federal Government is facing an election this Fall and this is a very contentious issue . Our former government under Stephen Harper passed legislation , or tried too , not sure , that stripped Canadian citizenship from anyone who fought under the ISIS flag . Our current PM , Justin Trudeau , rescinded it , not a popular decision and one that's come to haunt him . It isn't a good situation .

AB

DVS1

my memory serves me correctly treason is still 'technically' carrying the death penalty.

think that tratior blair repeeled that?

greenshoots
Just googled and in 1998 it was swapped out for life imprisonment...well my GCSE law was 1989 so I was right then but wrong now hahaha how I'd love to be right in it being brought back :thumb:

The fourth Horseman

Is it not an entirely reasonable position to hold, to be untrusting of all religious people and not specifically toward those that believe in Islam? Lets be honest, Catholicism doesn't appear to be the home of the rational mind. So can I be dismissive of them all and get away with it?
In a word "No" !!!!!!:p

sauer

In a word "No" !!!!!!:p

I’m a word yes !

Howa has a damn good point .....

Or does it come down to how good my imaginary guy is compared your imaginary guy is ?

Where does one get the right to tell the other they are in the wrong ?

Wether it’s beheading
Or
Sexually abusing thousands of choir boys

World would be a far nicer place of did away with religion

Then again maybe not as the cynic in me says as a species we would find something else to destroy ourselves other

Paul

The fourth Horseman

I’m a word yes !

Howa has a damn good point .....

Or does it come down to how good my imaginary guy is compared your imaginary guy is ?

Wether it’s beheading
Or

World would be a far nicer place of did away with religion

Then again maybe not as the cynic in me says as a species we would find something else to destroy ourselves other

Paul
Your final sentence sums it up perfectly!!
Doing away with religion would not alter one thing.
Kids would still be abused as many,many are in family situations. People would still kill for power or some other reason.
Never ever thought of comparing my "Imaginary guy" with anybody else, suits me as he is.
I would just ask though how many children have you or your associates saved from death and starvation compared with priests and nuns, and how many people have you been able to bring help to in their last stages of life, bearing in mind your lack of faith.
Sleep well my friend because you don't have a lot to look forward to, only old age.:scared:

sauer

Your final sentence sums it up perfectly!!
Doing away with religion would not alter one thing.
Kids would still be abused as many,many are in family situations. People would still kill for power or some other reason.
Never ever thought of comparing my "Imaginary guy" with anybody else, suits me as he is.
I would just ask though how many children have you or your associates saved from death and starvation compared with priests and nuns, and how many people have you been able to bring help to in their last stages of life, bearing in mind your lack of faith.
Sleep well my friend because you don't have a lot to look forward to, only old age.:scared:
You assume I have lack of faith ....

There’s more to believe in than religion

Don’t lose any sleep over me and my old age ... I’m not

You seem to be in minority by accepting your imaginary guys powers over the other guys imaginary powers .... I wish every other person of religion thought way you do .

And I’m betting there will be plenty non religious people who have done a good turn and helped out another person with compassion & love .... the ability to help another human being isn’t the preserve of those who “ believe”

Paul

zambezi

Wether it’s beheading
Or
This diatribe seems to conflate several things to no one's benefit. At best, it is a fair observation that a myriad evil people have perpetrated the sins of their heart's desires under the cloak of "religiosity". I.e. evil people have abused positions of trust. It happens in all spheres of public life, not just corrupt church hierarchies. Saville and the Beeb comes to mind in the secular world. Those appalling acts deserve judgement, no question.

Addressing the two [specific] crimes above:

To be absolutely clear, the Bible is clear that we are to love our neighbour as we love ourselves. No, more than that, to extend love to our enemies. So the choir boy abuse is not faith-endorsed. It is utter sin. it has no part with the Christian faith.

By contrast, I suspect that Begum probably believed that she was walking in lock-step with her faith as the Quran contains specific injunctions to kill non-believers.

The fourth Horseman

You assume I have lack of faith ....

There’s more to believe in than religion

Don’t lose any sleep over me and my old age ... I’m not

You seem to be in minority by accepting your imaginary guys powers over the other guys imaginary powers .... I wish every other person of religion thought way you do .

And I’m betting there will be plenty non religious people who have done a good turn and helped out another person with compassion & love .... the ability to help another human being isn’t the preserve of those who “ believe”

Paul
Agree with first point but you brought the subject of religion up not me.
2nd point I won't lose any sleep over your old age, but you definitely will lose sleep when you get there.
3rd point maybe I am a minority but that's my way of looking at it.
4th Of course there are plenty of incredible and excellent people who have no religion and do wonderful works besides those who "believe". However my friend I did not seek to castigate others for their beliefs as you and Howa did but just to make my own points .:tiphat:

sauer

I have no problem with you believing .... or anyone else

I have problem with those killing and performing atrocities in the name of believing & their belief is right the other guys is wrong.

I have problem with it being rammed down my throat be it from jehovas witness at my door or by colleagues of Islam & Christian faith telling me

As I said before you seem a minority
I wish rest of those who believe could be like you and let the other “ side” carry on .... peacefully side by side .... but that never happen

Howa and I agreed a point / view

I respect yours

You said “ in a word no!”

That’s why I said back ...
“ in a word yes!”

As we are entitled to our views and beliefs ...

I’m not arguing you for believing ... I’m arguing the point to allow me not to .

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.