ITAR Restrictions to be Eased

mchughcb

Most people are interested in cheap night vision optics and i don't see any mention in that link.

scrumbag

That is interesting!

Be nice if Boyd’s could send you things cost more than $100 directly and we could ditch Edgar Bros!

(Was flabbergasted a couple of weeks ago – Boyd’s At-One stock for a CZ527 is $199 on the Boyd’s website. An Edgar Bros affiliated dealer quoted £320 (~$420). Appreciate things will have to cost more in the UK but literally twice the price seems horrendous.)

Scrummy

nun_hunter

That is interesting!

Be nice if Boyd’s could send you things cost more than $100 directly and we could ditch Edgar Bros!

(Was flabbergasted a couple of weeks ago – Boyd’s At-One stock for a CZ527 is $199 on the Boyd’s website. An Edgar Bros affiliated dealer quoted £320 (~$420). Appreciate things will have to cost more in the UK but literally twice the price seems horrendous.)

Scrummy
It would be lovely, I remember when most their stocks were $99 so you could get one for $160 delivered which was nice.

I saw a American Facebook review of the Spartan Sentinel tripod which is hand assembled in Sussex from materials sourced in the EU and yet is £200 cheaper in the USA compared to here.

We get well and truly screwed in the UK even by UK manufacturers and not just importers.

Cottis

It would be lovely, I remember when most their stocks were $99 so you could get one for $160 delivered which was nice.

I saw a American Facebook review of the Spartan Sentinel tripod which is hand assembled in Sussex from materials sourced in the EU and yet is £200 cheaper in the USA compared to here.

We get well and truly screwed in the UK even by UK manufacturers and not just importers.
I have been umming and ahhing over that tripod for ages. It would be soooo good to have your rifle supported hands free while out at night. I just refuse to pay the money for it though. £200 cheaper and I would potentially bite.

As for other restrictions being lifted, I bet reloading suppliers this end might get a little twitchy. I guess you would pay import duty and vat on it but still, actual availability of the product would be better than here and buying a coupla thousand bullets or so at a time would probably work out the same if not cheaper. More importantly, I could get them when I wanted rather than waiting for my supplier to get their quarterly shipment from the states in.

nun_hunter

I am lucky and have the earlier model Kapita tripod and while it is great for stalking it is amazing for foxing. Having the rifle set up free standing while you have both hands free for using NV and calling or operating the caller is so handy and is quieter.

A lot of reloading stuff is easy to get via ebay and it works out all import costs already and is usually a few quid cheaper but availability is spot on. Bullets and brass will be awesome when available as the prices are so much better. Nosler custom competition brass is silly cheap over there compared to here.

Orion

As for other restrictions being lifted, I bet reloading suppliers this end might get a little twitchy. I guess you would pay import duty and vat on it but still, actual availability of the product would be better than here and buying a coupla thousand bullets or so at a time would probably work out the same if not cheaper. More importantly, I could get them when I wanted rather than waiting
As it was before the ITAR hammer went down. Even with carriage, import duty and vat, buying from the likes of Cliffs was way cheaper than the same products purchased here in the U.K. Of course expanding being S.5 at the time made overseas or E.U. sourcing even more attractive as it was delivered straight to your door without question.
It’ll be interesting to see which US suppliers start to gear up for hassle free export over the coming months.

nun_hunter

They do have some good bargains that way but usually more niche actions. Loads of HMR/WMR CZ 452 stocks less than $100 at the moment but no. 22lr