Jelen Training

Territory Hunting

Naseby

I've registered with the Jelen site.
Do they still offer all of the courses mentioned on the website?
Some of the dates mentioned refer to 2012 and the online booking facility only offers three of the advertised courses.
I wanted to find out more about the Park Cull and Gralloching course and the DSC2 initiative, if they are still available
Does anyone know?

I. Farticus

Have you tried speaking to Mike at Jelen? He'll have a better idea than any of us - and yes, I know that Mike and Dave are on here, but a call into the office should get a quicker response

Cheers
iain

Naseby

Have you tried speaking to Mike at Jelen? He'll have a better idea than any of us - and yes, I know that Mike and Dave are on here, but a call into the office should get a quicker response

Cheers
iain

Thanks for trying to help Iain but it seems whenever I telephone people these days the call just goes to voicemail and then they call me back when I'm away or busy (sorry to sound like a grumpy old sod).

(I know that this doesn't apply to every company btw)

ATB

​Naseby

I. Farticus

It's not just you

It's rare that I get to talk to someone when I want to, yet I always answer when it's "Dave, calling from Microsoft (in a thick Indian accent) and I can see that you have a problem with your laptop"
"Really Dave, that's fantastic thanks so much for the call!!! I work for a large IT vendor, and was concerned that my auto-updates weren't working, so can you just clarify if it's OEL, Solaris or Windows that is causing the problem...?"
"um..."
and the phone goes dead mysteriously!

Cheers
iain

Naseby

Iain,

My understanding is that for some companies inbound calls are recorded "for training purposes" and out bound calls are not.
So if the inbound call is answered there is a record of what was said. However if the call goes to voicemail and then the company returns the customer's call, there is no record of what was said. promised, committed or whether the customer was called a "stupid moron" etc
But I fear we are wandering off topic, as they say

Naseby

For complete clarity I am not applying any of this to Jelen btw

I. Farticus

Iain,

My understanding is that for some companies inbound calls are recorded "for training purposes" and out bound calls are not.
So if the inbound call is answered there is a record of what was said. However if the call goes to voicemail and then the company returns the customer's call, there is no record of what was said. promised, committed or whether the customer was called a "stupid moron" etc
But I fear we are wandering off topic, as they say

Naseby

For complete clarity I am not applying any of this to Jelen btw

Just tell them that you'll be recording any call "for training purposes..." :D

Cris

I dont think Jelen would record their calls.... However try them at a time that they would not be busy stalking or training etc.

I have had to leave messages with them and have always (mostly) had a reply.

Naseby

I dont think Jelen would record their calls.... However try them at a time that they would not be busy stalking or training etc.

Cris we weren't suggesting that Jelen record their calls just having a more general moan

I. Farticus

Hi Cris

That wasn't what Nasey & I were suggesting - far from it! I know Mike well, and have never an issue with him or Jelen

Cheers
iain

Taff

I have only ever rang them once, and had a return call within a few minutes, excellent service, try there mobile number.

Naseby

Thanks Taff

Not sure if I can do this as I'm not a Moderator but could we CLOSE THIS THREAD PLEASE

I will start a more specific one with the questions I'd like to pose to Jelen; the answers may be of value to more than just me!

Cris

Just a light hearted comment. Mike and I go back some 20 years or more and is a friend but seriously the guys are busy so do think about when to call and give them a chance to call back.

teyhan1

To be fair to Mike, don't forget we are right in the middle of the rut and he is a Professional stalker who takes clients. This therefore is an exceptionally busy time of year and if I phoned I wouldn't expect a compus mentus reply for at least a week or two yet.

JC275

I guess all those who are picking at scabs and constantly trying to trip people up on here haven't been watching the news recently regarding 'cyberbullying'? How do we expect our teenage children to learn to respect each other when grown men snipe at each other on our 'mans' version of twitter/Facebook? If anyone has a problem with a trader then bloody man up and contact them or choose not to have anything to do with them.

Naseby

I guess all those who are picking at scabs and constantly trying to trip people up on here haven't been watching the news recently regarding 'cyberbullying'? How do we expect our teenage children to learn to respect each other when grown men snipe at each other on our 'mans' version of twitter/Facebook? If anyone has a problem with a trader then bloody man up and contact them or choose not to have anything to do with them.

JC
No one in this thread has a problem with this Trader
No one has even criticised this Trader
The thread started with a couple of genuine questions
Again if we can, let's CLOSE IT HERE PLEASE

Stoney Creek - Purpose Built Shooting Clothing