Jobsworth of the month

Yes surely there has to be more to this than the article makes out. If I read stuff like this I normally switch off as you probably have not been told the full facts.

Does the regulation that he didn't comply with, stem from an EU directive by any chance?

What form of law allows these nazis to stop a vehicle?, were they accompanied by a uniformed pc?

"probably one of those numerous laws that can be "interpreted" many ways to persecute innocent people while other "groups" of people openly wreck breweries, and leave crap in lay bys and car parks. and treat the countryside like one big rubbish tip.

I bet there is more to this than the one sided article states.

I'm sure the driver was exceptionally rude to the people who pulled him over. I certainly would be. Laws and regulations exist to prevent various social ills. They don't exist so that busybodies can get off on oppressing people behaving perfectly reasonably.

As below, I don't think you can blame this on the EU. There have always been far too many people with this sort of defective, oppressive bureaucratic tendency in this country.

Only a policeman in uniform is allowed to stop traffic - otherwise its an offence.
There's more to this story than appears in the article. I wouldn't have stopped.

I heard this story on Radio 4 this mornjng and yes there is more to it.
Apparently the foto doesnt show the other trade waste only his lunch waste.
They interviewed both sides and the defendant said there was left over materials from the job but it wasnt waste.....

I heard this story on Radio 4 this mornjng and yes there is more to it.
Apparently the foto doesnt show the other trade waste only his lunch waste.
They interviewed both sides and the defendant said there was left over materials from the job but it wasnt waste.....

Thanks for adding some meat to the bones. Im amazed Anyone these days reads or listens to any news story with only one side and would take it at face value and assume it was 100% true.

Only a policeman in uniform is allowed to stop traffic - otherwise its an offence.
There's more to this story than appears in the article. I wouldn't have stopped.

VOSA (or whoever they are nowadays)???

The photo certainly looked staged, far too clean and tidy for a tradesmans vehicle. I’ve not seen the floor of my van for months.

Back