Joe west steyr stock

norma 308

Hi fellow steyr hunters anyone tried a stock from messrs west yet for your pro hunters .i would be interested in the feed back if you have .i looked at the cla and very much liked them and am tempted to spend some of this years tip money on one .
​norma

Discopete

I'm also interested in this as I know someone who has just bought a McMillan stock for pro hunter so would like to know what opinions are compared to these. Joe West don't seem to do synthetic version or with adjustable cheek piece which sways it for me at the moment.

Steyer 6.5

Norma

​have you got some pics of Joe West stocks as I want my second pro hunter done when I've saved enough I was going back to SSS for an RPA woodland stalker stock.

african jack

Here you go Steyer 6.5 Posted BY JOE WEST ON THIS SITE

New Steyr Pro Hunter stock from Joe West Riflestocks

Hi all

We at Joe West Riflestocks have now finished our Steyr ProHunter traditional shape stock, available in either laminate or walnut. Due to the complex nature of the stock we will be running batches of them to keep the cost down. We will have these stocks on display at the CLA and Midland game fairs where we welcome everyone to try them and give us your opinions.

Price will be £390. Stocks will come fully fitted and finished, with a 1" Decelerator pad and sling studs fitted, in your choice of walnut with tips or any of our laminate colours. The price includes a Joe West Riflestocks trigger guard. Photos below.
What do you chaps think, have we got this right? Is this something you will buy.
?

Click here to view the original image of 1024x768px and 258KB.

Click here to view the original image of 1024x768px and 252KB.

Click here to view the original image of 1024x768px and 165KB.

Click here to view the original image of 1024x768px and 189KB.

Click here to view the original image of 1024x768px and 267KB.

Click here to view the original image of 1024x768px and 206KB.
Last edited by Joe West Riflestocks; 12-07-2013 at 21:35.​

Last edited:

nick100

I am just plucking up the courage to order one, for my Sako though.
Very taken with them from trying at the CLA too.
From what I read on here last week they have dropped their prices, just not on web site yet.

When I know a bit more, or I get it you would be more than welcome to have a look if it helps.

norma 308

I am just plucking up the courage to order one, for my Sako though.
Very taken with them from trying at the CLA too.
From what I read on here last week they have dropped their prices, just not on web site yet.

When I know a bit more, or I get it you would be more than welcome to have a look if it helps.
Cheers
let us know what you think when you get it maybe have a nosey at it .
regards
​norma

libensvolenspotens

I wanted to buy one for my prohunter at the Game fair. They told me that they needed at least 10 ordered to make it viable to make them. The safety on the prohunter means a lot of extra work.
I sent them an email a couple of weeks ago to the address on the website, informing them of my interest and to let me know when they do a run of stocks. I haven't had a reply yet but will be giving them a call when I return to the UK.

norma 308

I wanted to buy one for my prohunter at the Game fair. They told me that they needed at least 10 ordered to make it viable to make them. The safety on the prohunter means a lot of extra work. I sent them an email a couple of weeks ago to the address on the website, informing them of my interest and to let me know when they do a run of stocks. I haven't had a reply yet but will be giving them a call when I return to the UK.
Good chance that ten SD members could make an order and maybe get a little SD discount ?
if interested register an interest here .
​norma

Discopete

I would be interested but need to know what the quality of the laminate is first as had bad experience with a stock before. Also need to have a feel of a stock before purchasing to see what its palm swells like.

ronscomon

Very pretty. I might be interested too, though likewise the quality of laminate would need to be assured. The plastic stock of my mannlicher is practical but not very nice to look at or to handle.

An update on the prohunter stocks, At the minute we are finalising the design having had many comments from the various gamefairs and will run a batch of these stocks in our new laminate made by ourselves as soon as time allows.
I am very interested in any problems people have had with laminate quality as there is only 3 companies that make this material with Rutland suppling over 90% of the market. We have used over 900 blanks from Rutland with no problems what so ever. Our reasons for making our own laminate is cost, flexibility of colour and overall control of supply.
Our next show will be the BSS at Stoneleigh on Feb.
​My biggest frustration at the minute is a lack of time to finish all the designs we are playing with at this time but we will get there just takes time

norma 308

Thanks for the update joe west ,if enough SD members wanted the stocks from batch one would you be able to give an SD members discount in return for feed back and reviews Ect .
kind regards
​norma