John Deer Gator adapting for shooting

Our passion is your passion... stalk with us!

Tikkat3xl

How have people adapted their Gator for shooting out the front window and for carrying a rifle/shotgun? At present the front window only opens about 6inches. Any and all ideas appreciated

antsa

How have people adapted their Gator for shooting out the front window and for carrying a rifle/shotgun? At present the front window only opens about 6inches. Any and all ideas appreciated
I have a Kawasaki Mule without a front windscreen. I've mounted a cross-bar - a 1-1/2" pipe - between the A-pillars. This is wrapped with 1/2" thick foam pipe-lagging. Makes a great shooting rest. A rifle rack sits under the roof, fixed between the front and rear cross members of the roll cage. If I'm out and about with two rifles or a rifle and a shotty, I keep the primary in a soft bag on the passenger side and the other in the rack. If I'm out doing other stuff and have a rifle with me just in case, I keep it in the rack. Will put up some pics later on today.
Working on a more of a quick-draw scabbard but not there yet.

Cheers

antsa

Some pics of the rest and rack. The connecting bracket thingy is normally used in chain mesh fencing. Also a pic of the rack supplier.

Cheers

xpF9Hh7.jpg

7TqXPJQ.jpg

56th31F.jpg

vjkuSUJ.jpg

4RH2vhu.jpg

TBTN98J.jpg

White Hart

In the past I've don't similar to ANTSA but instead of foam fixed around the bar used a sheepskin paint roller cut down the length of it. The inside plastic glided along the bar allowing it to freely slide left to right for a nice pan. But as Ronin says just stand in the back and get someone else you trust to drive.

1967spud Reloading Supplies Ltd - UK Suppliers for Reloading Equipment supplies, We also stock Bullet Heads and Bullet Cases Guns Cabinets, Night vision and much much more...