Johnson...a classless sh1t?

enfieldspares

Sue Gray's report: "I was made aware of multiple examples of a lack of respect and poor treatment of security and cleaning staff. This was unacceptable."

The way you treat your servants and those others that are subordinate to you says all you need to know about your character. Johnson. A classless sh1T.

Apthorpe

Sue Gray's report: "I was made aware of multiple examples of a lack of respect and poor treatment of security and cleaning staff. This was unacceptable."

The way you treat your servants and those others that are subordinate to you says all you need to know about your character. Johnson. A classless sh1T.
Is that quote in reference specifically to Johnson or some of the hundreds of civil servants responsible for the overwhelming majority of offences?

saddler

Sounds about on par with the treatment of White House staff & Secret Service agents by the Obama & Clinton families....

paul o'

Classless No! he has a class and that is one that feels he and others like him are above others including the law of the land that the lower class have to abide by. Turn on the tv to GBNews now ! there You will see a hall full of them they all are the same each one thats given in return and taken our cash are a lying self centred sacks of **** . they are all quick to point and even quicker to blame the other to save there skin.
I don't give a flying Feck who is at the head as long as they get there head out of there arse and get on with running the UK .
Feck party gate the UK is running into a **** storm with rose coloured glasses on like beaker out of the muppets with arms screaming infamy Infamy

R.8933036986abf67917afdc918da85eff

tozzybum

The " superior class" are oblivious to the problems of Joe public.
Everything is claimed on expenses so the price of gas/ electric/ food/fuel is a total irrelevant issue to them.
Billions In fuel companies profits yet billy bunter let's them off with "oh no can't tax " such disgusting amounts.
We are paying for greed and ineptitude on a grand scale .

Apthorpe

A lot of people in the Civil Service are very thankful for Johnson's personal loyalty at the moment. The Sue Gray report is a ridiculous travesty. The public has a clear right to know what went on, who all the people responsible were, and that appropriate punishments have been delivered. By "appropriate", I mean equivalent to the treatment an employee would have received in the real world/public sector, if they had been found to have broken the law at work and brought their employers into disrepute. The Gray report delivers only the first part of that, and goes to farcical lengths to protect the people responsible from identification and scrutiny. The photos published in the report are ludicrous - mainly consisting of groups of people, all of whose faces are obscured and only Johnson ( sometimes with Case or Sunak) visible. What are we to make of the independence of the mind behind that decision? Who are all the rest of the people, what sanctions have been applied by their employer?

The BBC is making a big deal about how the more junior civil servants feel betrayed because they weren't protected from the same law that applies to everyone else, and that they feel they have no personal responsibility because more senior people took part in parties too. This is outrageous. The staff of the cabinet office is supposed to consist exclusively of highly intelligent adults, with high standards of ethics and integrity, yet the BBC thinks it appropriate not to challenge their victimhood narrative.

dunwater

Boris is the luckiest politician ever, by a long, long way.
You still don’t know what the true effects of Brexit are due Covid and now the Ukrainian emergency.
He’ll be long gone before you find out for sure.
He seems to be good company, I wouldn’t mind meeting him for a pint, better than Diane Abbot any day.

boltgun

Seems to me Britain for many years along with many other countries and maybe the world is a out of control vehicle, which cannot be stopped, which gets a different driver from time to time, with sod all chance of preventing eventual crash!
But as old Indian saying goes, “ don’t complain about a man, till you have worn his moccasins for 12 moons”👞

willie_gunn

All told the report is pretty underwhelming.

The individual who emerges from it the worst is senior civil servant, Principal Private Secretary to the Prime Minister, and former British Ambassador to Libya, the OxBridge-educated lawyer Martin Reynolds CMG.

It turns out Reynolds was the man who sent out the invitation to staff for the 20 May party in the garden of 10 Downing Street suggesting that everyone "...join us from 6pm and bring your own booze!" He was subsequently advised by Lee Cain, then BoJo's Director of Communications and formerly Head of Broadcast for Vote Leave, to cancel the event as it was felt to be inappropriate. In true "Yes, Minister" fashion the senior civil servant decided he knew best, so ignored the advice received and the party went ahead.

Given his encouragement to colleagues to supply booze, one wonders how Reynolds will get on in Saudi Arabia, as he is currently a candidate to be British Ambassodor there!

Elsewhere in the report we can read of drunkeness, altercations between members of staff, damage to property, and a lack of respect being shown to cleaners and security personnel.

To think that it was only back in 2019 that Sir Mark Sidwell boasted that the "UK tops international index of civil service performance", and that this included "behaviours important in a modern civil service, such as openness, integrity and inclusiveness."

How times change.....

boltgun

Personally the whole thing does not put me up nor down, bar the lack of respect to staff, whatever that means in the scheme of things.

Apthorpe

Seems to me Britain for many years along with many other countries and maybe the world is a out of control vehicle, which cannot be stopped, which gets a different driver from time to time, with sod all chance of preventing eventual crash!
Quite right. And for one simple reason. We insist on blaming politicians for the misdeeds, incompetence and biases of civil servants and the public sector. This scandal is a prime example. At the instigation of left wing media, everyone has spent over a year clamouring for Johnson’s head and damning him as a sh1t,, yet none of them have applied the same criteria to the hundreds of other people equally, or in some cases considerably more, guilty. The public keeps insisting on blaming the wrong people and protecting the guilty, and we’re surprised the country’s going downhill.
But as old Indian saying goes, “ don’t complain about a man, till you have worn his moccasins for 12 moons”👞

paultap

I would say a serial adulterer such as Boris Johnson, would be a natural liar by nature, being quite happy to lie to his wife for his own personal gratification, and quite happy to lie to others in an attempt to cover up his indiscretions. Clinton was a classic example of this too.

The more that is actually revealed about what these politicians and civil servants get up to, the more you realise some of these people are simply not fit to govern. This isn’t just limited to the Conservative party either. I wouldn’t trust people like keir Starmer or Angela Rayner, both of these politicians have been found to be economical with the truth when it suits them.

Ade8mm

All told the report is pretty underwhelming.

The individual who emerges from it the worst is senior civil servant, Principal Private Secretary to the Prime Minister, and former British Ambassador to Libya, the OxBridge-educated lawyer Martin Reynolds CMG.

It turns out Reynolds was the man who sent out the invitation to staff for the 20 May party in the garden of 10 Downing Street suggesting that everyone "...join us from 6pm and bring your own booze!" He was subsequently advised by Lee Cain, then BoJo's Director of Communications and formerly Head of Broadcast for Vote Leave, to cancel the event as it was felt to be inappropriate. In true "Yes, Minister" fashion the senior civil servant decided he knew best, so ignored the advice received and the party went ahead.

Given his encouragement to colleagues to supply booze, one wonders how Reynolds will get on in Saudi Arabia, as he is currently a candidate to be British Ambassodor there!

Elsewhere in the report we can read of drunkeness, altercations between members of staff, damage to property, and a lack of respect being shown to cleaners and security personnel.

To think that it was only back in 2019 that Sir Mark Sidwell boasted that the "UK tops international index of civil service performance", and that this included "behaviours important in a modern civil service, such as openness, integrity and inclusiveness."

How times change.....
The British Embassy in Saudi Arabia (as British Embassies are across the World) is seen as UK territory so he will be able to hold as many boozy parties as he likes in the British Embassy In Riyadh - should he get the job. I know from personal experience what partying goes on in these places having enjoyed numerous social functions at the British Embassy in Kuwait when I was working there and Kuwait takes an even stronger line on alcohol than Saudi by all accounts.
😎

boltgun

Sincerely have always thought politicians were there to distort the facts and perform dirty deeds along the way when needed, when reaching a certain level of office as part and parcel for their role.

geoffw

I would say a serial adulterer such as Boris Johnson, would be a natural liar by nature, being quite happy to lie to his wife for his own personal gratification, and quite happy to lie to others in an attempt to cover up his indiscretions. Clinton was a classic example of this too.

The more that is actually revealed about what these politicians and civil servants get up to, the more you realise some of these people are simply not fit to govern. This isn’t just limited to the Conservative party either. I wouldn’t trust people like keir Starmer or Angela Rayner, both of these politicians have been found to be economical with the truth when it suits them.
And serial liar, sacked from, to date, (and the counts not over) 5 jobs for lying. You couldn’t make it up that this person could become PM.

robs5230

And serial liar, sacked from, to date, (and the counts not over) 5 jobs for lying. You couldn’t make it up that this person could become PM.
They needed a stooge to sort the mess of our European exit and boy did they come up trumps.
They got a buy one get loads free. He's also managed to preside over the shitstorm that was Covid, and now a ruined economy and inflated costs.

The longer the Conservatives keep him in post, the better chance they have in the next election, as they'll blame all the crap on him.

Meanwhile, he continues to crap on his own doorstep

Kalahari

"Health Minister Eluned Morgan broke Senedd rules over speeding, watchdog says" From the BBC. I don't hear them calling for her resignation in spite of multiple offences and £800 in fines.​

David.

Siggy

I'm the kind of guy that checks the dictionary if someone tells me gullible has been removed but...

First I was surprised when I heard that Johnson had caught covid, I mean, right or wrong, he's the most important person in the Government ffs. but then I thought, well, lots of critical decisions need to be made and maybe due to expedience, corners just had to be cut with personal safety. Then I found out he was standing in a room so packed that people were sitting on each others laps while he made a speech at someones leaving do while people couldn't attend funerals. And then he has the gall to stand in the House of Commons and say that leaving does are an important part of leadership.

I mean, you can fool some people all of the time, but eventually the penny is going to drop.