Kabul,here we go again!

John Gryphon

We all knew it that it wouldn't last long. The US wont be happy. I see drones coming back.

Multiple US troops are dead and several Afghans are among the victims after at least two explosions rocked the area outside the airport in the Afghanistan capital of Kabul, in what has been condemned as a "complex" and "horrific" terrorist attack.
The Russian Foreign Ministry said at least 13 people had been killed and 15 wounded in the attack, which targeted crowds amassing near the airport in the waning days of a massive airlift that has drawn thousands of people seeking to flee the Taliban takeover of Afghanistan.
Pentagon Press Secretary John Kirby described a "complex attack that resulted in a number of US and civilian casualties" near the Abbey Gate of Hamid Karzai International Airport, which was followed by at least one other explosion close to the nearby Baron Hotel.

Fair Hill

When I heard today that the 9 Irish Rangers that were sent there on mission a couple of days ago were already on the way home I kinda knew it was going to get rough.

Franchi Matt

All the money and lives in the world cant help that place.... in some countries folk still enjoy killing other folk, vast swaves of Africans are still running round chopping peoples heads of and sticking them on poles... truth is - as civilised as we are in the west - there's still lots of places where running a mock and brutal murder is the norm. Im making a new rule of not listening to too much of it, watching the news articles or listening to it on the radio. This ***** been going on since I was born and will be going on long after I die so honestly- fuxs given from now on = zero on this.

Hayduke

The guy's a kook, f'kn ridiculous flying out mangey street mutts and cats, when people who served for our forces and other good men and women who tried improve they own country can't get a flight and will be killed if they stay.

User00025

All the money and lives in the world cant help that place.... in some countries folk still enjoy killing other folk, vast swaves of Africans are still running round chopping peoples heads of and sticking them on poles... truth is - as civilised as we are in the west - there's still lots of places where running a mock and brutal murder is the norm. Im making a new rule of not listening to too much of it, watching the news articles or listening to it on the radio. This ***** been going on since I was born and will be going on long after I die so honestly- fuxs given from now on = zero on this.
Twas ever thus amongst the radicalised Islamists. Tribal and mediaeval applies to 90 per cent.

opticron1

I did find myself wondering how many of the heroic taliban were caught up in the two explosions? Or was it the usual case of disappearing quietly when they "felt" something was going to happen and then re-appearing when the event had taken place.......funnily enough, exactly what's been happening or the past twenty years to ISAF coalition troops.
Get out and stay out and see if the various tribal chiefs in the country can sort their own problems out - even if it means an end to the country formerly known as Afghanistan and the re-emergence of tribal areas/states.

Tazz

LEST WE FORGET. History teaches us nothing. Thank you Tony & George, yet another bloody mess. Remind me again, what the hell were we doing there anyway?
We invaded Afghanistan in response to a group of very well trained and funded Saudis who learned to fly in the US flying planes in to the World Trade Centres and the Pentagon

Tazz

Glad you mentioned the S word. Probably the single biggest exporter of terror in the world, & one that we are happy to sell arms to. Confused? yes, very.
Yes I think as oil runs down we will be less “diplomatic “ in our dealings with them

Reactions: JTO

uptonogood

Who else can see a return to full military occupation within a twelve month .There’s no way the West is going to leave it alone like we should have 20 years ago .Just hope nobodies sons or daughters here are wrapped up in what’s happening now .Get out stay out and let them get on with it .

Reactions: JTO

bfltd0

Who else can see a return to full military occupation within a twelve month .There’s no way the West is going to leave it alone like we should have 20 years ago .Just hope nobodies sons or daughters here are wrapped up in what’s happening now .Get out stay out and let them get on with it .
Can't see that happening for another couple of decades to be honest.

We are out of Afghan. Not even training/mentoring. And why would we stay, when the trainees are the Taliban?

Once this retreat has happened and been forgotten, we and the other Western countries will deal with the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan. It's just politics.

bfltd0

At least spineless Mr Pres has sworn vengeance on those that created the latest bombing of US soldiers.
At most that'll be a couple of missiles fired off drones that endanger no American lives.

Unless, of course, the Taliban are taking US hostages from the address list so kindly given to them by the US embassy staff...................