Kahles binos

caberslash

Avoid like the plague, they are CCC (cheap chinese crap!).

Seem to recall a member on here saying they were refused a service on them by Kahles.

Don't buy Swaro rangefinding bins either, go straight to the top and get Leica (although by doing so, you underwrite the purchase price with a massive depreciation once a new model comes out).

Richard dogs

Seem to recall a member on here saying they were refused a service on them by Kahles.

Don't buy Swaro rangefinding bins either, go straight to the top and get Leica (although by doing so, you underwrite the purchase price with a massive depreciation once a new model comes out).
Really, aren't they owned by swaro though? My misses has swaro el rangefinders for work.

Heym SR20

Or just buy a separate rangefinder, and use it when you need it, and avoid having both expensive and heavy binoculars. Most of the time you are using binoculars to look for and find deer, and then study them. You should know what a deer looks like when it is well within range. When you need a range finder is when you are in doubt, or you accurately need to know the specific range allowing you to adjust your holdover or dial in as required.

Dan Newcombe

I’ve got the 8x42 and wouldn’t buy them again, got them for a really good price but a bit underwhelmed to be honest.

Ranging is quite limited compared to others. Had a look through some Sig the other day and I’d maybe look at them if I was doing it again.

The binocular bit is decent enough but heavy and not delighted with the range finder bit.

Richard dogs

I’ve got the 8x42 and wouldn’t buy them again, got them for a really good price but a bit underwhelmed to be honest.

Ranging is quite limited compared to others. Had a look through some Sig the other day and I’d maybe look at them if I was doing it again.

The binocular bit is decent enough but heavy and not delighted with the range finder bit.
Thanks for that reply, I'll look else where then .👍

Hales Smut

I agree with Heym SR20 . To heavy. Just get a light pair of bino's and a separate rangefinder. How frequently do you really need it ?
I use an old pair of Zeiss 10x40 bino's at about 700 gram. Wouldn't change them for nothing. Or just maybe, a nice pair of 8x32.

Jdt

Why don’t buy Swaro,s?,

swaro79

I wouldn’t dismiss the kahles there a decent first rf binos!I had a pair and they done me well and the glass is not bad I did notice low light performance let them down a bit and made in China written on tube but everything else I couldn’t complain.I would get yourself to a gun store and try some different makes out .swaro and Leica are deffo quality binos but no cheap!
Buti did see an advert rj Macleod Tain has new leicas for 1500 or so there a good start👍.

Steff

I don't agree with some of the statement here.
The Kahles are the lightest in comparison with all the others RF binos.
Yes, you can get marginally better glass if you buy Leica, Zeiss or Swaro. But don't be fooled to believe that they will last you any longer than a cheaper model. The question is not if the elctronics will eventually fail, but when. This is true for all of them and none of them will be repaired in 10 years time.
This is why I don't buy top notch RF binos any longer because they are sunk money. The Kahles are very decent. And if take price, weight and performance into the equation they are right up at the top.
BTW, Kahles have just released a new version of them. I'm not sure if they're still made in China. But, hey so it probablly your water kettle.

bluesako

the trouble with all range finding bino,s, is that sooner or later they will pack up, and a two year warranty for the price of el range swaro,s isnt all that good, it cost a lad i know an arm an a leg to get is el range fixed by swarovski, electronics in binos, are always iffy, i use a leica 1200 scan, bomb proof never had one single problem with it, bs,

roaring_stag

I dont own a pair myself, but a friend has some - he claims to be delighted with them, however, I have to say i was slightly underwhelmed 1) heavy for the quality optically, 2) the finish and design generally doesn't look fantastic and also didn't really sit well in my hands. I regularly use the EL Range 10x42 which are in a totally different league and would recommend you dig deep!

Richard dogs

I agree with Heym SR20 . To heavy. Just get a light pair of bino's and a separate rangefinder. How frequently do you really need it ?
I use an old pair of Zeiss 10x40 bino's at about 700 gram. Wouldn't change them for nothing. Or just maybe, a nice pair of 8x32.
Very rarely I'd imagine.
I dont own a pair myself, but a friend has some - he claims to be delighted with them, however, I have to say i was slightly underwhelmed 1) heavy for the quality optically, 2) the finish and design generally doesn't look fantastic and also didn't really sit well in my hands. I regularly use the EL Range 10x42 which are in a totally different league and would recommend you dig deep!
Thanks for that, yes the el 10x42 are a different league. My misses has them for work but she won't let me borrow them😞

rosscopeco

Slightly gutted to read this....have been looking at them for a while now and pondering buying a set. I wonder if their newer ones (July 2021) will be any better?