Kahles Helia 3-12x56 sight adjustment

JGLD

I have a Kahles Helia 3-12x56 scope (some instructions refer to a ZF95). I am delighted with it but the original instructions that I have are in relatively poor English. I think that they are telling me to unscrew the centre locking screw by one complete turn, adjust elevation/windage, move the outer ring to zero to enable a quick visual check that there has been no movement in the future and finally screw the centre thread a complete turn in reverse. Can anybody tell me if this is correct - or perhaps explain in your own words?

I have a Kahles Helia 5 in your mag and lens. Unscrew the central screw with a 2pence. The ring with the numbers on will loosen and you will be able to move it to '0' without changing POI. Hold the ring with the numbers while you tighten the central screw with the 2pence. Job done.

Thank you - I guess that I adjust the windage and elevation when unscrewed and get positive clicks?

I adjust windage and elevation with the screws tight. When I'm zeroed I simply go through the procedure above. I think you'll get a click if the screw is tight or loose.

What do you guys think of your Kahles scopes? I like the idea of one as they're a bit different. How do they compare to other European scopes? They certainly don't seem to be much cheaper than Swarovski, are they as good?

Sorry for the hijack, it seemed like a good place to ask.

Hello Shabz, I can't really quantify it as I've not needed to use it in low light yet. The illumination is really good and is switched off automatically when the gun is carried vertically.
I think Swarovski own Kahles, but as far as I'm concerned I'm pay less for the advertising.

Hi I've had Kahles scopes for over 10 years and they are fantastic, i also have a S&B and the Kahles is better, in poor light glass is very clear, if i buy another scope again it will be a Kahles.

Back