Kammo - are they OK?

Naseby

I ordered something from Kammo six days ago.
I received an e-mail confirming the order had been received and would be processed shortly (I now assume this is just an automatic response)
I've since e-mailed them twice and called twice to find out the status of my order and likely shipping date.
No response to my e-mail and telephone switches to voicemail instantly.
I don't think six days is too unreasonable, but Im a little concerned that I'm unable to reach them.
I've had more than one internet supplier go bust on me and yes stupidly I paid with a Debit Card doh!

So Holidays? Busy before the Game Fair? Is this typical of them? (first time I have used)

murrayb

I've ordered from them before - took a couple of weeks to get my order as there was a mix up at the factory apparently... but CLA time is always poor as everyone is getting ready and rushing about.

david1976

Found the chap to be an arrogant pr1ck.

Bought a jacket and trouser set off him which not only leaked but dyed everything green, phoned him up and he told me tough luck I wasnt getting a refund even though it was the first time I had tried them on.

Went to the scone game fair and he still refused so I caused a scene and he ended up swapping the items for me.

Very poor service and I will never use those products again.

stevenedwards

I have returned a pair of trousers to them as they are way too long for me. They have not responded to letters, emails or phone calls so it looks like small claims court unfortunately. A great shame as I have had a coat for years and have no complaints with it.

​Steve

STAN243

I have a pair of their gators. Bought from midland game fair a few years ago so have no experience of their mail order. Very happy with gators. Excellent product still going strong

I owned an IMAGE SUPER KODIAK™ about 10 years ago and washed it after the first outing due to fox gut contamination. The blood and odour came out all right but so did 90% of the dye that comprised the “photo-realistic patterning”!

I sent it back but got nowhere and believe me I tried but the stumbling block was not being able to prove I hadn’t cooked it on a 90c wash cycle.

I gave it to a Charity Shop so ghostly pale and useless was it to me.

K

paul o'

old kammo owner was brill chap and the life repairs were just that! but that guy who now has the Co has not got a clue about keeping fellers coming back . he told me that there is't a lifetime warranty on the kit anymore

I ordered something from Kammo six days ago.
I received an e-mail confirming the order had been received and would be processed shortly (I now assume this is just an automatic response)
I've since e-mailed them twice and called twice to find out the status of my order and likely shipping date.
No response to my e-mail and telephone switches to voicemail instantly.
I don't think six days is too unreasonable, but Im a little concerned that I'm unable to reach them.
I've had more than one internet supplier go bust on me and yes stupidly I paid with a Debit Card doh!

So Holidays? Busy before the Game Fair? Is this typical of them? (first time I have used)

Blaser7mm08

I have a kammo jacket must be ten years old best jacket I have ever owned !! Also have a pair of gaiters had them for years starting to wear a little at the bottom but will last a while yet !! Great stuff

the scudd

I had a kammo coat, think it was the photo kammo one. it was without doubt the worst coat I ever had I ended up letting the dog lie on it in his kennel

Dalua

I have a kammo jacket must be ten years old best jacket I have ever owned !! Also have a pair of gaiters had them for years starting to wear a little at the bottom but will last a while yet !! Great stuff
What bizarrely polarised experiences are being described on this thread!
I'm with Mr 7mm08, in that my experiences of this gear are very positive.
:)
Not that this helps the OP with his query, though.

Tikka 260

I had a Jacket from them several years ago, it leaked and soaked up more water than a sponge, hence it weighed a ton, and took days to dry out. It was exchanged , in all fairness, but the replacement was no better. Forgot what happened to it..... I think that the dogs ate it for breakfast or some such.

20-250

I have 3 of their coats, the oldest of which is 15 or so years old. All are perfectly waterproof, breathable and warm.
The oldest just won't die.
I agree that the customer service isn't what it was under the company's original ownership, but I wouldn't buy anything else.

I have 3 of their coats, the oldest of which is 15 or so years old. All are perfectly waterproof, breathable and warm.
The oldest just won't die.
I agree that the customer service isn't what it was under the company's original ownership, but I wouldn't buy anything else.
My experience is similar to that of 20-250. I have two in different models and the oldest dates from about 2000. Cannot help with current standard of customer-service, however it was excellent several years ago but judging from some member's experience it has deteriorated.

paul o'

mine was one of the first batch of dpm still waterproof and dame warm to hot sometimes ,cuffs and pockets are comeing undone but this is due to stuffin bunnys in them but i still would not give that feller any other trade .

Cyres

Originally owned by Truemann-Neilson, I have a Kodiak, its got to be at least 25 yrs old hardly ever worn it and so as new. Seems to be pretty waterproof and warm in all but extreme conditions (ie 10 hrs on Llandgffd reserviour in a howling gale and persistent torrential rain, with 4ft waves crashing into the boat) an infamous day pike fishing but we did get a big twenty.

Truth is too warm to wear down south and if its raining that much i wouldn't bother to go out

D

brianb

I have a dpm kodiak that is coming up on 20 years and still going strong. No leaks I also have 2 of the plain green a light wieght and the heavywieght these are 12 years old and have never let me down. Thier gaitors are the best that I have ever owned. So a BIG plus for Kammo from me.

Alycidon

Just spotted this thread.

I have a Trueman Neilsen Kammo Kodiak coat, bought it at the WMGF at least 25 years ago. Bloke seemed an excellent guy. The coat has given excellent service but it is now alas showing its age.

A couple of posts here indicate that the company has probably changed hands and the new products are not a patch ( so to speak) on the old ones.

My coat needs re waterproofing, it lets a bit in after 2 or three hours, but more importantly I have caught both lower outer pockets and almost ripped them off. They need resewing back on. I hasten to add that ripping the pockets was my fault not the coats, not many people wear one processing timber into firewood, the pockets caught on the processor.

So, is the product which according to their web site is now made in eastern europe not as good as it was ?.

B, As they no longer offer a refurb service who is able to overhaul it properly?

C, What is the current equivalent product?, a couple of friends have these, they look nice.

http://www.schoffel.co.uk/schöffel-ptarmigan-interactive-shooting-coat-hunter-green-p280

A