Kammo Re-Proofing

UK Outfitters

BP75

I have still not been able to part with my old Kammo jacket which I keep as a spare for emergencies.

Unfortunately after prolonged and abusive use it is about as waterproof as a sponge!

I have tried a few of the wash-in water proofing products on the market and have found them to be worse than useless!

Does anyone have experience of the Kammo refurbishing service and contact details/prices, or any do it yourself at home suggestions that actually work and do what they say on the tin?

I suppose another option is to chuck in the towel and go for either a Swandri or Nomad replacement.

Thanks in advance

Ben

irishgun

i have two kammo jackets one about 15 years old there a lovely coat if swazi could make a jacket on the kammo patern ,now that would be a coat and a half .cant have enough pockets and the stud to hold rifle on the shoulder is so handy ,my two are in bad nead of reproofing also

BP75

If you are thinking of using the Extreme stuff they advertise on the website I have tried that twice and it was not as good as the label would have had you believe.

geoshot

Any synthetic, dust off mud blood etc and wash thoroughly with non-bio detergent and no fabric softener. Dry completely then rinse at low temp and allow to drip and air dry, no heat.
Wash again with a "wash-in" proofer and allow to dry in.
Keeps it right for about 2-3 yrs or so depending on wear and use.
G

Alycidon

Talk to the guy who owns Kammo, he is an excellent stright guy who stands behind his products. He will probably give you a discount off a new one if repairing your old one is uneconomic. I have been unable to break one of their coats in about 10 years.

A

BRACES of Bristol - Dark Fox Package, Mauser M12, LIEMKE Thermal Scope, Wildcat Mod