kent roe

andy stalker

the roe in this picture was shot in kent i have a 200 acre farm with a good head of roe on it and of good quality the ground is very sandy and thier teeth wear very quick this deer had no front teeth and a lot of wear on the back teeth, is thier any one out thier in kent with roe

Andy L

Roe seem to be popping up all around us at the moment. Lamberhurst, Goudhurst, Horsmonden. I have had 3 bucks and 2 does this year. Just trying to get a bit more ground in Lamberhurst that has a load on it as well.

K

Kent

It could be the angle of the photo but that head looks blooming good on the 1st picture !

Was it measured?

andy stalker

the deer in the first picture was shot during the rut 2006 the head was not officaly mesured but was looked at by a friend of mine who shoots a lot of roe all over the country he estimated to be a silver but the one in this picture was estimated to be a gold and was also shoot in kent in 1999 by me and was blind in one eye

swampy

Account Suspended
good looking trophies there. when you look at the kent and sussex countryside with thier woods and rolling hills it is no wonder that roe are there. i reckon they will expand like crazy.

swampy

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
Lots of Roe in Kent now, and they are expanding fast, although they are not over in the eastern corner yet! to my knowledge. I have about the same acrerage near Gatwick, and have counted up to 14 Roe on 4 fields.

I also believe Roe are near Folkestone, but have yet to see it confirmed?

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
Hey JayB if you want to come down this way, which I know you are not busting a gut to do, let me know.

I have a quiet little spot in Sussex with a nice lot of Roe on and we can saunter down there for a weee stalk. We could always take the Argo Cat with us for extraction ( err i mean Mr B) thats his new nick name Argo. :lol: :lol:

Hope all is well with you and Shiela.