Knee / foot operated tap. Kit

sauer

Hi folks
Managed to land myself a stainless double sink double drainer for my slowly ongoing garage to larder conversion
I'd like to fit knee or pedal operated tap to this for hygenie reasons
Anyone got a link to decent retro fit kit if such a thing exists ...
I do t want the sink just to fit aftermarket to an existing sink

Cheers
Paul

sauer

Good point Brewsher I'll look at them .....
Don't happen to know if they would " pass muster" with environmental health if looking to get larder passed do you ?

Paul

morena

If elbow taps are good enough for an operating theatre would be a very unwise environmental health inspector to challenge them.

sauer

Was kinda my thinking as well .....common sense ?

But the cynic in me saying I would probably get some absolute cockwomble inspector

Away to look for some long handled taps!

Paul

sauer

Ok now they sound cooool!
But I've never heard of them ( Google again)
But if they are anything like no touch toilet flush & auto taps in T5 heathrow then no ! At best useless ...
But away to have a look
Thanks for suggestion

Paul

Essex stalker

Dyson now do one which is an infra red tap and has the blade air hand drier built into the tap but they are very expensive and we found dyson a real pain to deal with. Got let down on delivery a number of times

re'M'ington

For your double drainer sink you don't need anything special at all,but for a hand wash basin then that is different and you shouldn't be using one for both operations that is the sort of thing they are looking for.

Martin

sauer

Good links stratts I've kept that

Martin very good point & had a think about it & decided to get one of those little independent wall mounted basins ... Worked out cheaper than a mixer tap for the double sink / double drainer !
So due you a pint ...
Well even if I don't go " commercial" in any form I'll at least be a damn well set up hobbyist !!

Paul

Last edited: