knife cleaning

Stoney Creek - Purpose Built Shooting Clothing

paul o'

2p worth
+1 dishwasher inc the mora knives plastic sheath's then i put a very light coat of cooking oil on my blades this dry's and protects the blade until used and its food safe, i don't use my hand made blades out in the field anymore as the mora blades are so cheap you can can use a bladetech to keep its edge up without crying , :eek:

Naseby

2p worth
+1 dishwasher inc the mora knives plastic sheath's then i put a very light coat of cooking oil on my blades this dry's and protects the blade until used and its food safe, i don't use my hand made blades out in the field anymore as the mora blades are so cheap you can can use a bladetech to keep its edge up without crying , :eek:

I like the cooking oil idea. Although I know we don't have any. I suppose any food grade oil would work though.
A quick trip to the larder indicates that we have Olive Oil, Groundnut Oil, Walnut Oil, Sunflower Oil and Hazelnut Oil to choose from! I ignored the Truffle and Garlic infused ones.
I wonder which would work best?

Taff

2p worth

Come on , if you own a custom blade you have to use it, I would cry if I had to use one of them cheap knives in the field :stir:

243 Stalker

Digger9523 has the best quote:
"Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke."
i am fortunate enough to own 2 Alan Wood knives and they get a quick wash in warm water with a mild detergent then dried and stored out of their sheaths.
ATB 243 Stalker

Last edited:

Taff

what do you think of Alan woods knives, I have handled two, and used one, I have several other custom knives which I rate higher, but we're a lot cheaper.
As to using custom knives, you are right, they are there to be used, a wash with washing up liquid, and dry with tea towel, quick stropping, and never stored in there sheaths is all they need.

paul o'

don't think it matters but mine is olive ? and i hate garlic yuc , if it was truffle i think i may just end up cutting me tongue :eek:

paul o'

hmm i know but i collect them and i just would hate to mark one of my boys :scared: i'v got some one off's that would pay for a good holiday but don't tell her indoors . lol

Come on , if you own a custom blade you have to use it, I would cry if I had to use one of them cheap knives in the field :stir:

limulus

It has but the salt is 'bound' in the molecule only really acting as a viscosity moderator.
Nowt to worry about from a corrosion view on steel if its effectively rinsed off

Our passion is your passion... stalk with us!