For Sale: Knife Sharpening/ Regrinding service

Longstrider

I offer a sharpening service for any plain edged (non serrated) edge tools. Knives can be sharpened or reground to remove edge damage. Costs vary with the work to be done but are kept as reasonable as possible. Knives can be posted or dropped off and collected from me near Wellingborough Northants.

This is an example of my idea of sharp ..

Contact via PM with your requirements and we can take it from there.

I have had two knives re-done by Longstrider.

I can’t recommend it highly enough. I had a cheap boker done and it’s now better than most of my custom knives. I also sent him a custom knife that had a really fat edge that he turned into a convex grind that just needs a strop and the occasional touch up.

He is also pleasant to deal with.

I have an old Puma that could do with some love, would need a new bevel and a polish too to remove scratches. Let us know pricing please.

Please also realise admin will trot along shortly and tell you to pay Trade fees or else! Lol

I offer a sharpening service for any plain edged (non serrated) edge tools. Knives can be sharpened or reground to remove edge damage. Costs vary with the work to be done but are kept as reasonable as possible. Knives can be posted or dropped off and collected from me near Wellingborough Northants.

This is an example of my idea of sharp ..

Contact via PM with your requirements and we can take it from there.

Can you post some pictures of your work/edges. I have a few knives I interested in sending to you.

I have an old Puma that could do with some love, would need a new bevel and a polish too to remove scratches. Let us know pricing please.

Please also realise admin will trot along shortly and tell you to pay Trade fees or else! Lol
I have a weakness for vintage Puma knives....

Playing catch-up here guys ...

I sharpen by hand with diamond hones, finishing with a loaded strop to give a polished edge that should need little more than a quick strop now and then to maintain. Scandi ground blades cost a little more due to the extra time it takes to remove enough steel to get to a working edge on the flat of the grind.

Prices are very dependent on the size, edge type and current condition of a knife. A typical folding knife with a blade of about 3 1/2" would be £15 to £20. If there is significant edge damage (chipping and similar damage) then I can regrind to remove the chips before sharpening.

Each blade is it's own entity. Some need a 'quick fettle' others need more time and love, so a fixed pricing system simply isn't viable.

Last edited:
No it isn't illegal. As long as they are securely packed.

Correct. Perfectly legal to send through Royal Mail. If asked the contents of the package a reply of "Cutlery" or "Tools" negates awkward responses from counter clerks who don't actually know what they're on about when it comes to rules and regs.
Just make sure the knives are properly and safely packaged. Always include a note of your name and address and forum 'handle' with any knives. A contact number is always useful in case of queries.

I normally prefer to use either 1st Class Recorded or Special Delivery for knives due to their value.

I used to deal in edged weapons and have sent many expensive knives, bayonets and swords through the post and around the world over many years and would advise that you should always insure your package for its full value and send 'signed-for' recorded delivery. These days I like to use UPS but also use MyHermes, they both gives Email and SMS updates as to the delivery and I have never had a problem with either of them, I always list 'tools' as to the contents.
I'm not keen on Royal Mail, I think they are expensive and I have had lost items with them.

I really really need to not look at this offer again,:tiphat: I have a trunk full of blades, some fine, some not so fine, I would need a bank loan to sort em' all, seriously though my Dad used to take stuff to the old fashioned cutler in the Watergate rows, for sharpening, even though he could produce a fine edge on anything bladed, even the old Suffolk mower barrel blades ... but he would take pride in having had a "Professional" apply the magic.:thumb:, might just have a little sort through though (Damn it!):norty:

Just got my Puma back from the OP and the edge is as perfect as it could be, beautifully re-edged, sharpened and polished,,or whatever the right terms are.. could shave with it it's that sharp.

Took about 4 days from postage till it was back in my hands, all at only £16.50 posted back.

Can't thank the OP enough, great offer, great quality service, I highly recommend.

I have an EKA Swingblade and I like the design but it doesn’t hold a good edge, Would it be worthwhile getting it reground/sharpened angle changed whatever or am I just throwing money down the drain if it is quality of the steel?

Back