• Personal items can be advertised for free. Click here to advertise business/trade items or services.
    • Please fill in an approximate Location in your profile so buyers know where the item is located.
    • You need 30 posts and registered for 30 days before you can create ads in classifieds.
    • Non Trade Members specify a price. No auction style adverts, adverts 'for a friend' or unhelpful heckling posts please.
    • See how to change the advert prefix to Sold:.
    • Click here to read the full Rules.

For Sale: Knife Stropping Boards and Compound.

Peter Eaton

I have made more of the knife stropping boards that I sold last year but of a larger size of approximately 27cm x 6.5cm. The boards will not warp or swell and are completely flat for efficient stropping.

The boards also have an superior quality leather which is bonded to them. They are also supplied with a powder stropping compound with enough to last ages. Use sparingly adding just a small amount of the sachet to a few drops of water and rub into the board. Lots on the internet about this if you are unsure. It is better to err on the thinner side regards the mixture rather than a paste. A great way to apply the paste is with small paint brush.

The boards can also be used with other compound such as diamond spray, rouges or Autosol etc.

I have lots of positive feed back regarding the boards helping others to gain and maintain a sharp edge on their knives.

They are available now and are priced at £17.99 which includes the postage.

Also available a new version of a longer length 33 x 6.5cm for £23.50 Inc postage ..

New Stock in 7th August. :thumb:

When you receive the strop please open with care as to not cut the sachet of stropping compound.

If you wish to purchase please pay to Paypal petereatonbydesign@gmail.Com and ensure your address is added to Paypal.

Those of you that know me or have bought off me before will see I have changed my name on here from Chickenman due to me branding my handmade knives with my name.

EDIT. The boards now include a small set of rubber feet.

Attachments

Last edited:

Glen C

Hi Peter , strop arrived on Saturday thanks for the quick delivery. What a difference it makes to have something well made to strop my knifes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peter Eaton

Good to hear. Remember to use the strop after every few times you use you knife, that way the edge will stay razor sharp and it lessens the times you have to return the knife to your stone or sharpening system.

Last edited:

Glen C

Hi Peter,
Got the other 2 Strops that will let me use some different compound. Thanks again keep up the good work.
Cheers glen

Peter Eaton

Cheers Glen, When I have made your knife I will send you some diamond compound up with it. I need to test a few grades of compound to see which will be the better beforehand.

Glen C

Peter it’ll be interesting what you think about the diamond compound for the strops