Lab grown meat

GrahamK998

GrahamK998

Yes, the main theme of the article is that it's to cater for those who want 'meat' but without animals being involved?! But these companies will be looking at the future and giving us a way out of addressing the fact that in the none too distant future there will simply be too many of us.

opticron1

This is all old news surely...... there was a lovely film about this years ago...... Something called Soylent Green if I remember rightly, famine and over population sorted in one easy process - simples!:lol:

AGR

As populations in most of the northern hemisphere are dropping, those over 65 outnumbering under fives, we probably don't need to worry. It's the Africans and Indians will be needing it when they run out of elephants.

The Singing Stalker

I think I have the answer

for those of a certain age.

alberta boy

" Soylent green is people " ! Along those lines , I think it should be mandatory to have a certain percentage of all airline passengers certified as Vegans , especially when flying over remote areas like our Arctic . This would ensure a readily accessible supply of protein in the event of a crash in said remote areas . I'm sure they're nice people , but you gotta eat . To avoid upsetting the squeamish , we won't call it cannibalism , we will refer to our leaf eating co-travellers as emergency isolation veal . We could offer them a slight discount to encourage participation ......... and seats in the rear of the plane , they tend to be a bit gassy . Not a judgement , just a general observation . I think it's a very practical idea , looking forward to SD input .

AB