Lack of paying supporters

Skye

Good morning all, Perhaps somebody could tell me how you can be a “member” and not pay a subscription. Apparently non payers have the same benefits except for the draw as we supporters. Is this right? I’ll probably be told that £6 a quarter is unaffordable to many members but I don’t believe it, come on it’s less than a packet of fags. This will probably fall on deaf ears but I felt somebody should say something. Now I’ll sit back in isolation and wait for the fallout!

Good morning all, Perhaps somebody could tell me how you can be a “member” and not pay a subscription. Apparently non payers have the same benefits except for the draw as we supporters. Is this right? I’ll probably be told that £6 a quarter is unaffordable to many members but I don’t believe it, come on it’s less than a packet of fags. This will probably fall on deaf ears but I felt somebody should say something. Now I’ll sit back in isolation and wait for the fallout!
Maybe because it’s supports the Dsc scheme ? I’d happily be a supporter If it could be guaranteed that not a penny of mine went to that ....

My take on this is that for my money I get to exchange banter with you lot, have the opportunity to grab a bargain in classifieds, might just learn something and laugh at silly jokes.
All of which would not happen if the site closed through lack of support, personally I get more than my £6 per quarter back, all day, everyday.
Also I’ve met some great people through SD along the way.....👍

Willowbank.

Personally I would much rather be a SD supporter than having to pay for the likes of (proclaimed shooting/ conservation association) . Have learnt quite a lot from here, along with some banter and hopefully will make some acquiantences in the years to come when we are all allowed to go back to stalking once the lockdown is lifted.

Of course its a choice and I cannot speak for what one can and cannot afford and I try to do my bit whenever I can.

Been here less than a year and you’re telling everyone what they should be doing?

personally, I used to be a supporter but had a issue with one particular aspect of how the forum ownership were proposing to spebd the money. When I raised my issue I didn’t receive any satisfactory answers so I withdrew my financial support.

My take on this is that for my money I get to exchange banter with you lot, have the opportunity to grab a bargain in classifieds, might just learn something and laugh at silly jokes.
All of which would not happen if the site closed through lack of support, personally I get more than my £6 per quarter back, all day, everyday.
Also I’ve met some great people through SD along the way.....👍

Willowbank.
Exactly how it has been for me ! I am a member of several shooting organisations and while its my choice to support them and will continue to do so, I get much more from S.D. than I do from them and at much less cost.

had a issue with one particular aspect of how the forum ownership were proposing to spebd the money.

I am intrigued. I pay subscription based on the value I receive in having access to the forum. If Alex, John and Malcolm blew my subs on Paddy Power it would not make a whit of difference to me. It would be as bizarre as if an employer vetted an employee's weekly shopping. Or am I missing something? Are the admins closet Wild Justice supporters? LACs? PETA?

Genuinely interested so no stupid comments or sarcastic remarks please.
What do you actually get if you support the site that a non supporter doesn’t?

Genuinely interested so no stupid comments or sarcastic remarks please.
What do you actually get if you support the site that a non supporter doesn’t?

If you are asking for the cost benefit analysis, then I could jot a few I am aware of (just my view)

1. You get added to the monthly draws April 2020
2. There are certain stuff available for only members including freebies (at times)
3. You get to advertise more than a non supporting member under classifields (trade members get more)
4. You get the 'Supporter' badge next to your username

5. For me personally, its supporting a community that has helped me learn things no book will teach, some good stories and experiences from members who have done more than me, being part of a community that has the same interest as I have for the right reasons, connect with users from far away land who share the same passion and at times help with stuff I am totally new to. This for me is the best return on investment. We only realise how valuable something is when we lose it and if SD were to dissappear, that for me would be a real shame.

Sorry to site supporters if I have missed anything else, but please do list them here.

Ok, It’s almost like a lottery then: monthly draw, pays for admin etc and helps the less fortunate...

Thanks for the reply I will have a look into this further.

cheers.

I am intrigued. I pay subscription based on the value I receive in having access to the forum. If Alex, John and Malcolm blew my subs on Paddy Power it would not make a whit of difference to me. It would be as bizarre as if an employer vetted an employee's weekly shopping. Or am I missing something? Are the admins closet Wild Justice supporters? LACs? PETA?
That would fall well and truly into the realm of ‘nunya’

Back