Lamp Glare

Moscar.270

Hi guys,
I’ve got a tracer suction bar and lamp for our pick up and we are getting a lot of glare on the window when lamping. I’ve tried moving the lamp back but can’t get it far enough. Has anyone got any solutions?
TIA

sir-lamp-alot

Make your self a "sunshade" type affair out of plastic and duct tape it to the lamp this will then block the light from "spilling" onto the window all you will have to do the is spin the lamp so its facing behind you when your driving down the road to stop it getting ripped off

Tim.243

Hi guys,
I’ve got a tracer suction bar and lamp for our pick up and we are getting a lot of glare on the window when lamping. I’ve tried moving the lamp back but can’t get it far enough. Has anyone got any solutions?
TIA
Make it so it is higher, it is a common problem with lamps on scopes most brackets are quite low. I made a 5" extension to my LF 170 years ago which worked a treat...no glare also the extension doubled as a handle.
Get a mate next to you look through the scope and lift it up until the glare goes.

Overlay

measure the width of the lamp and get a water / sewer connector to fit over it stops the reflection 100%

RTAW85

A black flower pot of correct diameter works well as a shroud (cut the bottom off and slip it over) or, as Tim.243 suggests, get it up a bit higher.

Tim.243

Past examples to get over lamp glare
@robsond
@Overlay

The ally clamp I made is for a NM800 to fit a 30mm tube scope with no glare due to it being higher.
Light weight nylon 66 and 2 ally strips on the LF 170. Hardest part was replicating the pip to locate the return spring. :tiphat:

20210725_075227[1].jpg 20210725_075144[1].jpg