Lancashire Police go Hi Tech.

Sampo

I hope in an automated manner otherwise they are in breach of GDPR.
How? GDPR allows data collection for valid business needs, to store it for the duration as per the need and securely destroy it once no longer needed. If they enter the card data onto card machines directly without any storage or call recording, I don't see any problem.

Boosh

I hope in an automated manner otherwise they are in breach of GDPR.

Hi jon2 I'm sure it will still be ok if you go to the post office and get your Postal Order, then mail it to HQ and expect your variation back within 3 months.

jon2

How? GDPR allows data collection for valid business needs, to store it for the duration as per the need and securely destroy it once no longer needed. If they enter the card data onto card machines directly without any storage or call recording, I don't see any problem.

jon2

If the agent is privy to your card data it’s not compliant.

Boosh

Hi Jon again, you may have some sort of point here bud that the most of of us do not understand.
You do not have to give the data if you do not want to, and can pay by other methods from what I am led to believe.
I did however successfully trade two squirrels and my neighbours cat for a variation. (Credit well spent!).
If you can point at a problem here bud I will try my limited best to assist!👍

Sampo

Expectant interlectual
Dangerous.
Just someone who enjoys reading. Ayway hope more police forces follows through and wouldn't mind a payment portal where you can pay using the credit card and include the reference number provided into your variation/ application. Makes life easier.