Landrover defender prices

gixer1

Saw on one of the stalking groups on Facebook today a 2014 landrover defender 90, van with 18k miles and the person selling wants £28K.....what planet are people on that they think a defender is worth that???? 🙄

I just cannot understand the following they have!

I have had a few landrover over the years and used to work for them 25 years ago but they just seem to have caused their owners to have gone crazy on pricing..,.it must be PTSD due to the repairs, bashing right elbow and hypothermia and interior ice scraping!
Regards,
Gixer

tozzybum

The only 1 I ever ever bid on was a 110 defender because an engineering firm in Cannock put an Isuzu engine in it.
And that was on behalf of my father in law.
Doing away with the landrover traditional faults by not having their engine in.
As you can imagine bidding went mental but £8,750 is far more realistic than 28k .
Someone been relaxing with Lebanese tobacco 🤔🤔

Mossypaw

I’ve a 1994 200 tdi
Agreed insurance is over £15k Im very happy !
Don’t have any cold issues as it’s got heated seats and windscreen
That’s pretty good, you must have all the good bits. My 300Tdi 1996 is on a galv’ chassis and has an agreed value of £6.5k It’s pretty basic though, in fact it’s VERY basic. Advertised lately for £5k, still got it. 🙃

kenbro

Two years ago this month I sold my 2005 x 168 K miles, Defender 9 seat 110 SX in very good condition apart fro the 3 Amigos lit on the dash. £9K.
Chap flew rom Germany and drove from Manchester to Hull the back home.
He converted it into a motor home to tow his wife’s horse box.
He’s very pleased with it and I hope that mechanical (Yes, in 2005) clutch doesn’t wear his wife’s hip out like it did mine.
Glad to see the back of that, but should have kept the Anniversary auto 90.
Ken.

I have an old 2000 td5 defender 90 with 12000 on the clock and although it’s not for sale was offered 20 k for it, they have gone mad in price .

Alistair

£28k huh?

To get a 6 year old car with a terrible reputation for both reliabilty and passenger comfort, or a brand spanking new Mitsubishi L200 with a manufacturer warranty and a couple years worth of diesel included in the price.

It's a tricky one for sure...

Malxwal

Thing is, they're iconic, collectable and great for DIY clankies. Nobody paying the current (frankly) mental prices has any intention of subjecting their new toy to any serious graft.

Klenchblaize

A 4-year old sheepdog sold at auction for £20K last week. A Lady Shepherd from somewhere "up North" purchased it and is very happy as she made known on the BBC Radio 4 Farming Today show.

A LR Defender is worth what someone will pay for it just like any other branded item to be found in the SD Classifieds so I really do wonder why the need to single out this vehicle for so much hate by the membership?

K

gixer1

A 4-year old sheepdog sold at auction for £20K last week. A Lady Shepherd from somewhere "up North" purchased it and is very happy as she made known on the BBC Radio 4 Farming Today show.

A LR Defender is worth what someone will pay for it just like any other branded item to be found in the SD Classifieds so I really do wonder why the need to single out this vehicle for so much hate by the membership?

K

I don’t hate them, I just think anyone willing to pay 28k for any form of one is radio rental....and I’d say the series 1,2, 2a or 3 are more iconic and probably more reliable too.

Regards,
Gixer