Landrover owners, always carry a spud.....

Pedro

The latest breed of Land Rovers are different and much more reliable. They use a new potato.

rodp

My sons girl's shogun just developed a "clunk" (I know, it's jap so I must be telling lies). Turns out it's a bottom wishbone bush.
Can't buy the bush, new bottom arm complete, at £120 !!!.

I'll stick with LR thank you, one bush about £5 :thumb: That leaves £115 to spend on toys.

You folk keep buying jap please, it leaves more LR's for me to choose from :thumb:

bogtrotter

My sons girl's shogun just developed a "clunk" (I know, it's jap so I must be telling lies). Turns out it's a bottom wishbone bush.
Can't buy the bush, new bottom arm complete, at £120 !!!.

I'll stick with LR thank you, one bush about £5 :thumb: That leaves £115 to spend on toys.

You folk keep buying jap please, it leaves more LR's for me to choose from :thumb:
Which model, Milners do the bottom bushes two bushes on bottom wishbone,depending on model about £42 for the kit.

geoffrey

not sure that i agree with this fix,the capacitor placed across the points if an ignition coil is there to quench the spark across the ignition points to stop them from pitting and burning out, if the capacitor breaks down and goes short circuit no spark will be probuced so if you remove the faulty capacitor the engine will run fine without it, but your points will wear out quicker but not stop you from getting home, it is true that a potato can in fact store energy but not necessare in the short term, but i am sure members will have different ideas, cheers geoff

Last edited:

rodp

I would be very wary of using milner parts, they're on the same level as britpart are for LR ....... crap. Plus the fact, can't wait for parts when vehicle is on the ramp.
Thing is, round here there's dozens of suppliers for LR parts, all at realistic prices, even main dealer prices are fair on a lot of parts.

Which model, Milners do the bottom bushes two bushes on bottom wishbone,depending on model about £42 for the kit.

LuckyEddie

Was in National Tyres Livingston depot on Thursday. A couple brought in the woman's 4yr old Citroen C3 in for a new exhaust. Fitter came back to them saying Citroen hadn't released the blue print for the exhaust and as such it had to be bought from Citroen for wait for it .............£1100.

I'll stick to the 13yr old Disco!

paultap

Was in National Tyres Livingston depot on Thursday. A couple brought in the woman's 4yr old Citroen C3 in for a new exhaust. Fitter came back to them saying Citroen hadn't released the blue print for the exhaust and as such it had to be bought from Citroen for wait for it .............£1100.

I'll stick to the 13yr old Disco!
If they are as trust worthy as the chaps from kwikfit, I would take that with a pinch of salt!

LuckyEddie

cotreon C3 exhaust on ebay £65 plus £12 postage complete with fittings, job done.
Not apparently the model that they had. The fitter was quite specific that for their model the blue print for the exhaust had not been released and was therefore not available from any outlet apart from Citroen.
Felt really sorry for them.

bogtrotter

I would be very wary of using milner parts, they're on the same level as britpart are for LR ....... crap. Plus the fact, can't wait for parts when vehicle is on the ramp.
Thing is, round here there's dozens of suppliers for LR parts, all at realistic prices, even main dealer prices are fair on a lot of parts.

Each to their own I suppose, used to have Landrovers had nine in total, liked my old 11A not really reliable but if you needed a 4x4 at that time there was not much else available Austin Gypsy and that was more or less it, but the truth is Landrover never really improved just kept turning out the same old stuff pretty good up until the 60s but since then the Japs have left them way behind, OK as playthings but few people that really need a 4x4 would settle for a Landrover.

As far as Milners are concerned have been using them for a long time now and yes some of their parts are not as good as manufacturers parts but in general are serviceable and fair for the price.

As for waiting for parts yes fair point but an order placed with Milner's before 3pm is dispatched that day an usually
delivered the next day, they supply parts to my local garage and I have even had parts in an emergency delivered the same day just put in to the garages delivery and collected from there, pretty good service considering where
Milners are and I am in Scotland, so can't really fault them.