Leather clothings for hunting

Renico

Anybody in here using leather trousers or/and jacket for hunting? Im looking for a very durable allround hunting outfit and leather/skin has come to my attention.

So I was wondering if anybody use it and can tell if it is heavy to walk around with, and does it make any noise?

And what brand do you use?

norma 308

Got a full leather harkila pair of trousers .Not that noisy not really warm but comfy pig to clean snot and mud off though
norma

RED-DOT

Account Suspended
Got Harkila Jamtland & Kodiak trousers and the Jamtlant trousers are heavy, cold, get soaked and a swine to clean but the ****take is always a bit YMCA orientated.

norma 308

Got Harkila Jamtland & Kodiak trousers and the Jamtlant trousers are heavy, cold, get soaked and a swine to clean but the ****take is always a bit YMCA orientated.
Ditto the **** take broad shoulders though I love the look lol

sh1kar

I have German lederhosen breeks and matching gillet very quiet and hardwearing Only use in summer for woodland stalking. if it gets soaked v uncomfortable and cold. Imagine being wrapped in a wet chamois leather But easy to just brush muck off when its dry

D

bewsher500

Can't imagine wanting to wear leather in any inclement weather.
works well in boots but with so many better material options that are lighter, quieter, warmer, drier, easier to clean and look after, won't prompt comments about fetish wear etc.......

and they are usually more expensive!!

6pointer

Account Suspended
I have Leather Breeks great for getting through thick stuff I just spray with leather oil and go for it. Get a few funny looks if I need to nip in to Petrol station etc.

Klenchblaize

Wear it nice and snug and I don't see how you'll be any more uncomfortable than when the donating critter was wearing it.

As with boots, leather jeans/cargos benefit from a beeswax based dressing. You may then simply hose off crud to permit unchallenged entry to the Blue Limpit & Eel Bar.

K

Wildboar1973

I wear a lot of leather trousers (typical Jeans-style cut) for work (forester)...
They are the best stuff in dry (!!) fall or spring weather if to have to struggle through brumbles, thornes, etc.
A nightmare if wet and takes ages to dry out, but very durable part of gear.
You get them over here for only about 100€, so wear it, use it, wreck it, get a new one...
They are definetively not the calmest trousers you will find, so when stalking be prepared or wear wellies, to avoid scratchy noise along the feet....