Leather weekend bags: question for leather goods providers

UK Outfitters

Pine Marten

Hello everyone.

My brother Doc Marten will be 30 in a few weeks and has asked for a snazzy leather weekend sized bag that he can take on flights as hand luggage. He's moving back to the US, will be taking quite a few weekend internal flights, and would rather not entrust his luggage to the baggage handlers if he can avoid it. I've had a quick look at a few and there are a couple of decent ones from Fur Feather & Fin, Philip Moss makes some beautiful ones but they're just too small, and Saddler on here's inbox is full.

I just thought that maybe some of the leather goods enthusiasts and manufacturers on here may be able to point me in the right direction. Thanks!

DaveT

I use my John Shooter game bag for short business trips, not too sure on hand luggage friendliness but might be worth looking at

EMcC

Surprisingly Marks and Spencers have had some really good quality leather bags/grips that would fit the criteria for 'carry on' bags.
They are not exactly cheap but as they do not have the 'shooter/stalker' tag are a little less than those from shooting outlets.

willie_gunn

The Tustings stuff is lovely - I have a couple of their leather items - but if you are considering their prices for a holdall (£500+) you should also look at Swaine & Adeney, Pickett, Mulberry, etc.

willie_gunn

Night Vision Store