Left Handed .22 outfit

Ferryman

I am looking for a left handed .22 outfit.
Current thought is either a Anschutz 1416 with Nikko 4 X 40 or the CZ452 American LH .22 LR with same scope both with be screw cut for moderator.
Any thoughts or experiences

Rupert J

Hi Ferryman, I have heard the CZ is very good. I have had an Anshutz myself and it's the only .22 I've owned which I've regretted selling. It was truly superb and amazingly accurate. Hope you get something suitable.

Last edited:

AN DU RU FOX

as rupert said go for a cz they are cheaper but good solid reliable and the bonus accurate,i have both and they are both brilliant at what they do,atb doug,

Chasey

I am looking at the Savage WMR range at the moment.

Damed anoying they do the .17HMR in Thumbhole LH but not the .22 WMR :(

What do people think of Savage Arms?

ATB

Chasey

sauer

I have left hand cz452 American cut right down ... Parker hale mod
Love it !!! I have custom rifle & semi custom but I still love my Cz whole heartedly

sauer

Hi
I had it cut right down to basically one rethread over the legal limit ... Can't remember
exactly what it's down to & can't measure as I'm away with work
Did it for a truck gun as most my rabbiting from the truck , no clattering door frames Etc as I pick all carcasses
When I saw it I though damn I've went too short but no ... Love it
No problems with accuracy .. Grant Taylor ( Taylor on here )
did the work ... He builds target rifles etc & work was top notch
Fly home tomorrow if you want oictures
Paul

private fraser

Hi Paul, been checking this out for a while. There was a lot of talk about choke but it seems the main thing is to get the cut & crown job done right and no problems after that.
Sorry to hijack thread, just like to know as much as I can before I go for stuff.
Thanks

sauer

Hi there, home now pics as promised
Barrel is just over legal limit I believe , enough for one more rethread & crown , mod is nothing fancy , just a Parker hale but it is quiet effective & not too thick ... It just "works"!

I love my "carbine "

Paul

Sent from my iPhoneImageUploadedByTapatalk1423944515.928554.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1423944523.783896.jpg

private fraser

Very smart.
Just out of curiosity,do you ever strip and clean the mod?
I have a sak, I know they are strippable but never have.

sauer

Did it once years ago & nearly ended up in disaster .."just managed to keep everything as it came out washed it all in hot soapy water .....Jesus what a mess!
Haven't done it since
Works well as truck gun no clattering door frames etc but now I'm walking with my sticks quietly with an add on or torch and works equally as well off sticks

Paul